Testing for the 2016 Dakar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Notice what almost looked like a hydraulic Hi-Lift during the tire change?

rockin the BFG mudders! I'm getting mine thrown on tomorrow!

image.jpeg
Yep the 2016 will be in the line up (but I think they just switched the nose). I think Jun will get this one

All these Dakar LC200's have the snorkel I want on my LC200. Is it available anywhere? It seems like a much cleaner entry into the top of the fenderm - avoiding that big, black growth on the side that the other snorkels have - and I like the idea that it opens to the rear, following the lines of the body.

Any insights are welcome.

"Growth" ha

All these Dakar LC200's have the snorkel I want on my LC200. Is it available anywhere? It seems like a much cleaner entry into the top of the fenderm - avoiding that big, black growth on the side that the other snorkels have - and I like the idea that it opens to the rear, following the lines of the body.

Any insights are welcome.
Looks custom made, if you don't want it to stand out you can always color code it to your rig. I've got the safari snorkel and think it looks better with it. If you want something similar to the toyota auto body one check out the TJM.
TJM Airtec Snorkel suit Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series | TJM Australia | 4x4 Accessories

To help as well keep looking at the toyota Australia "mushroom" snorkel and they'll all suddenly start looking better
16b63-toyota-landcruiser-200-series-gx-hero-940x529.png

Notice what almost looked like a hydraulic Hi-Lift during the tire change?
i know I seen that also and thought of 2 things; where are the attaching it to the frame and how quick it put up the cruiser. If anyone ever tried changing a tire in the sand (I wish I had the pics :( its not fun. I cut specific pieces of wood that I carry for a stable base and then stack the pieces of wood for height. Not the best or safest but it works for now. I wish they sold this thru either toyota or someone.

Hey as for the snorkel; i think its just home made PVC piping and attached and then painted.

oh that mushroom thing is freaky LOL I think the race trucks use the filters down in the engine bay; from following the race for several years I think I remember them cleaning it at a stage between one of the sections and they took out all sorts of sand. I will look again to see if I can find it

I haven't had the misfortune of needing to change a tire in sand, but I have a hi-lift plastic base with a piece of wood that I cut to fit inside of it. I would think an ARB X-Jack or similar would be better on sand tho -- does anyone have experience with one?

The exhaust jacks work a treat, only issue i faced was the funnel end of the hose started tearing as it wouldn't fit on the exhaust and the pipe itself got some small holes in a few areas.

how much space does that exhaust jack take up in storage in the back??? does it collapse into a small package?

how much space does that exhaust jack take up in storage in the back??? does it collapse into a small package?

Doesn't take up much space, I actually used to store it under the recovery gear i used to carry as it's quite thin.
129-1307-03+jack-of-all-trades-reviewing-different-jacks+arb-bushranger-x-jack.jpg

Thanks for the additional pics ... you're driving me crazy :bang:

I really want that snorkel ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom