telescoping side mirror gasket material (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

curtislow

Third fj40
Threads
Just getting around to mounting the mirrors and arms to the windsheild hinges that came with the truck. What material does everyone think would be best,I have both rubber gasket material and some plastic I can use to mount them.
My paint job is pretty good and don't want to damage it if possible, Thanks in advance.

I use rubber gasket material and have had no issues with it. Come off easily every year when I put the hard top back on.

Just getting around to mounting the mirrors and arms to the windsheild hinges that came with the truck. What material does everyone think would be best,I have both rubber gasket material and some plastic I can use to mount them.
My paint job is pretty good and don't want to damage it if possible, Thanks in advance.

I had mentioned about using a rubber washer when I installed mine for the first time. But the advice I received from Mark A., cut a washer out of a plastic milk jug. Thus what I have on my rig at this time......But I will say, I'm not sure how my paint will look, should I remove them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom