TBI value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can get a 350 TBI from a 93 Caprice for $300 from my pal the wrecker. What do you think?

He'll give me everything I need including ECU, sensors, wiring harness, etc. I can get him to throw in connectors and such. The engine is high miles - almost 200K. I want you guys to tell me if you think it's a burn. TIA :)

Well OK then. I'll go for it. I won't get around to installing it though until next winter. I went through a lot to get my carbureted 350 to run. I need to use it this summer! Shoot, I don't even have tires and wheels yet. Or decent seats. I'm still collecting the bits to install a second battery. And the parts to plumb the York are waiting in a box on the bench. I don't even have a tool box or spares in the back. And the carport I started LAST SUMMER needs finished. And my family wants to go to . . .:D

wlecome to the club :D

Depends on the mods he wants to do. The intake has a couple of angled bolts on the TBI that are straight on the earlier heads. There is an adapter that GM used on the late big trucks that adapts a spread bore to a TBI.
All in all the big part of the swap, bigger than the engine swap, is the wiring even with the full harness.

Dude - Thanks. I guess you know where I'm coming from.:D

Olympia - I'm not qualified yet to answer that question. (I will be someday.) I know the ECM would probably need programming to control the different fuel/air requirements of my '69 350 versus the '93 L05. Programming requires a way to read the signal codes and a way to write new "code". Also, it's trial and error unless someone has already developed the code for my specific setup. The intake manifold would need some bolt holes reamed. I would need to fabricate mounts for several sensors including O2, speed, water temp, maybe others.

I'm thinking there are fewer "mods" by installing a complete engine. Also, my '69 will need rebuilding some day. Why not rebuild the TBI 350 while I drive the Cruiser? That's the plan anyway. Hope it works!

BTW, I was born and raised in Tacoma. Traveled by water as much as possible. Didn't see much of Olympia though, except an excursion into the mouth of the Nisqually. A hell of a lot of paddling is all we got out of that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom