1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TBI 350 install pics/info...

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by woody, Mar 26, 2003.

1. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    [​IMG]

For everything... http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/tbi350.html

So far so good...first big test is this weekend in Attica.  Couple little things I may yet change, but looking good so far.

2. Design311

Design311

Sweet!! Good luck with the new set-up :D

3. wayne_fj40

wayne_fj40

It sits in there nice,
    okay Woody Lets get some rustoliem on it :D :D :D :D :D

4. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Very snazzy.
    How and why eliminate the ECT? Without an ECT you would loose enriching when cold and no choke is a big advantage to EFI. I must have misread something. ???
    I'm kinda partial to running the MAP on the firewall too. Gets it away from the vibration and heat a little.
    I ran my O2 right at the crossover connection. I'm hoping it gets hot enough, but I wanted to read both banks.
    I just ripped all the wiring back out to make my engine bay cleaner. Hopefully it will look like yours in a couple of weeks. I really like the batteries under the seat. You just solved a big problem of mine. I'll run the maxi fuse power distribution and the relay bank under there too.

5. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

I've got the GM serp belt system with the Harrison compressor too. Gonna do a tech write up on it? :D

6. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    I'll have to double check what I kept/tossed....went from memory and my "master" diagram is here at home. Should keep that handy I guess for troubleshooting in the future....

I left all sensors as they were from the factory. Factory O2 was on the drivers side just prior to the exhaust pipes, so it stayed there. Everything else is factory brackets, except the location of the knock sensor. In part, factory location = too lazy to change what worked form the factory. Put the O2 too far down the line and you need a 3-wire to heat it up quicker. (IMO)

Tech for a Harrison: (real writeup pending...lol)

Buy 3/8 pipe tap. Use pillow AC adapter from a unit that goes straight out the back. Cut flush, tap. Inline oiler is 3/8 male into pillowblock, center bolt is still metric but now allen head for clearance, output, oiler and filter are Grainger counter items. Output is 3/8 adapted to 1/4" pipe and the angle brings it to the output. For now, since there is no pressure switch/tank setup, I'll run from a dash pushbutton and will require a friend to air up tires with. Long term, air tank and switch much like my A6 setup was before.

7. ScottFJ40

ScottFJ40

That's a very clean install if you ask me. Your cruiser is inspirational ,thanks for the pics and write ups.

8. theo

theo

Nice! :) :) :)

The MG must have taken second stage for a while. :D

9. rocknzuk

rocknzuk

Where did this write up go?

10. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Long ago TLCA# 2231 SILVER Star

Media: