Talk me out of an FJ40... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No. You should buy it

family wheeler. These days you need a car seat until they are practically adults, and I want to keep some creature comforts so I don't scare her away from spending time on the trail.

You are not married have no kids and no house, buy that s***.

You are not married have no kids and no house, buy that s***.

...Says the worst dink of all time.

Connor, I would actually say don't buy it. Since you don't have a place, and are building a taco, you don't need the distraction and fund steeling fj40 that doesn't run and had no doors or top. Focus on making the taco what you want it to be before taking on that 40, or you will likely end up two half assed, non working rigs.

The only thing I can say for that is it is well priced (can't believe I am saying that!), and you probably wouldn't lose money on it... But I haven't seen it in person.

I think your right about not losing money but you're also right about not having space for a non running project. Plus cruisers are annoyingly expensive and I'm a mini truck guy at heart.

Secretly I was hoping Joe would buy it more than me

Don't make the mistake and assume its a money maker. I believe there is a bubble, it is not over inflated yet but.......I hope im wrong. Just seems everything is overpriced right now. 10 years ago that would have been $3k. I pd $5k for mine.
If you want a wheeling 40, buy one that is at least half way there. That one has nothing done to it to help it over rocks. Looks like it has been sitting outside with out a top? Ouch.
Sorry for the buzz kill

...Says the worst dink of all time.

Oh yea hows that?

I could be saving up to buy an airplane or some s*** like that for all you fxxxers know.

Sorry Connor, single income with a kid. I'm in the process of selling s*** from DINK days, not buying.

They are the cooliest (see Johns badass 40)

Still need to see the taco 2.0 in action.

He says it runs but needs work. I'm torn, would love to have one for cruisin on nice days, but for wheelin, I'm a mini guy!

I'd buy a beat up one for wheeling if I ever did get one. I'm with Tony that it would be fun to just have and tool around in but I love the Tacoma too much to have another wheeler.

Way over priced. You dont know whats under the diamond plate and if you did find it was clean you still have quarters full of holes. It's not worth that money with that paint or that engine.

That year is a poor choice for a wheeler, and you don't need a good body for that anyway. A $2k 78 40 is the place to start for that. That truck has drums, manual steering, coarse spline hubs and pinion, 3 speed, and maybe ball and claw knuckles.

A bomb around truck with a csb conversion should already have late model disc brake upgrade and power steering and a 4 speed.

If it's rust free it's worth $3-4K as a resto project and will take $20k to make it right. Double that to make it really nice.

that's not a good start to any of those things.

In my humble opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom