Tailgate Storage lids 60, 80 and 100 series (60 quarter panels) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rev 3 scans are in and reviewed for the mock up cuts. Waiting on the lead time for the mock ups and I will drive to SLC to pick these up and test fit.

J

60 Rev 3 scan.png
80 Rev 3 scans.png
100 Rev 3 scans.png

Some have asked why this process takes so long.............ONE -- I'M BEING ANAL! and TWO-- Take a peak at the 100 lid and this is just 1 of 4 scans to review... I had 21 scans all together. If the mock ups fit to my liking they will go to press, otherwise I will make changes and go to Rev 4 scans and a Rev 2 mock up.

100 LID measures 2.png

No complaints here, take your time.

I'd rather a fabricator be meticulous and get the product right the first time.

S, Most know I hide nothing... All on the table. I update as often as I can so my clients know I'm working for them and their money is being used to the fullest.

Thanks for comments. I hope to have these going very soon.

J

Beautiful work..!!

I too am interested in panels and the tail gate but will wait until after you move because I want them powder coated. Nice job.

Just got off the phone with the laser cutter night foreman. The second run samples are ready. I will take all previous samples with me tomorrow to Salt Lake instead of coming back to install. If its all good they will be finally ordered and I will have a firm lead time.

Thanks for the extra patience on these guys.

Jason

I've had a couple of questions come up in the past couple of days... Here are my answers to these questions...

#1) FOR 60 AND 80 SERIES...Larger door size opening. I will NOT make the door larger. Why, the latch rods become exposed when you make the doors larger and anyone that has bent or damaged these rods know the tailgate never opens the same again. However, the rods can still be damaged from other items, but with them being covered from a top exposure point, it will help reduce this.

#2) Gas struts will not be installed. People are welcome to add these themselves, if they are so inclined.

#3) 6061 material was chosen because it is has a harder Brinell rating than 5052, but much is softer , yet cheaper than the 7075 I original wanted to go with. It was a stronger but more price suitable material. Happy medium, if you will.... plus is much more scratch resistant than a softer grade. If you guys use your rig like I do. I want a surface that will stand the test of time from rugged use.

Thanks,

J

Also Sweet!!! I know the aluminum is not painted is it anodized?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom