Tailgate Storage Lid 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered mine worried about the shipping. J- put "fragile" on my box if you don't mind :hillbilly:

Ordered mine worried about the shipping. J- put "fragile" on my box if you don't mind :hillbilly:

C,

I'm ordering custom sized 275# strength boxes for each of the series lids I'm making with cushion wrap. I'm not just wrapping it in shrink wrap with some cardboard around it and throwing it on the Fed Ex truck.

J

Nice quality products cost money and shipping is always a risk... nothing new there. Dealers would drive the cost up even more and put it even further out of reach for most guys.
Sorry I got confused, mister "TrekBoxX" mention "Dealer" and is more a distributor/Bro-deal" kind of scenario, so I assume you where going to have a network of shops to help you out..

Yes Running a business with a commercial/store front building is insanely expensive..

The internet and this type of forums had made million of single products/short production/range high quality/custom parts/small companies into a viable proposition..

But the market still self regulates and since most of this objects can not be patent or at least justified the cost of it) is always a change of competitions most usually of a lesser quality (No big business will get into a niche like a tailgate of a model produce for only a few years)..

Ps: I have not work on my own products for years (I just don't have the stomach, all my stainsteel bolts got imported from Belgium, even if they cost more than three times as much, yeah I have it what bad) I just work freelance and by the hour, so much easier, no more 16 hour days, no way.

Last edited:
Partial non-dimensioned drawings for the Phase 2 meeting tomorrow.

J

100 Rev 1 scans.png

How do the installed panel and doors perform in regard to rattles and squeaks?

Ryan,

Panels are latched with adjustable lever latches and then felt pads that are included with the kit can be added at the installers discretion for extra detail. Shouldn't have an issue at all with rattles on the lid portion. NOW, what you put in the storage area and how it is secured... not my problem.

Jason

How do the installed panel and doors perform in regard to rattles and squeaks?

Ryan,

Most of the latches out there are NOT adjustable. I even went as far as to source a rubber bumper for the adjustment striker so-- 1) it will not damage any coating the end user decides to go with and 2) helps aid in a tight and silent closure.

Jason

Ryan,

Most of the latches out there are NOT adjustable. I even went as far as to source a rubber bumper for the adjustment striker so-- 1) it will not damage any coating the end user decides to go with and 2) helps aid in a tight and silent closure.

Jason

It looks like you've spared no effort on detail.
I'm intrigued and potentially interested in the storage lid. Thanks for answering my questions.

can I get an email or phone number to order one. Also I'm posting do I can get back to this thread easily.
Thank you

It looks like you've spared no effort on detail.
I'm intrigued and potentially interested in the storage lid. Thanks for answering my questions.

You're more than welcome and they will be available soon. I will be installing one on my personal rig as well. If you have any questions or want a detailed pic of anything, just let me know. Once they are here from the cutters I will be a oriental tourist at Disneyland as usual w/ pics....

J

Can't wait!

ALL,

I got the door revisions back this afternoon. I said I was being picky about a few details on these.

One thing I requested was that the hinge be in the center of the door opening and that required the door and the frame to be notched equally. The second item was I wanted the door opening to frame distance at .080" around the perimeter.

This will:

A) look better than just cutting and shoving the door to the top or bottom

B) allow those that want to go with a thicker coating to be able to do so and their doors can close without damaging the coating. But still look good with a thinner coating.

Thanks guys,

Jason

Lid Revision.png

so for the first run lids we'd need to source whatever top cover we want? it's just going to come with a raw AL face?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom