t-18 to 3-speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've looked at Advance Adapters website and they don't seem to offer an adapter for a t-18 to a 3-speed transfercase. Has anyone done this or is this a stupid idea. Maybe I should go with the sm420 instead. I am getting a 351 soon, so I thought it would be easier to use the t-18 since this combo came in the early big broncos.

Thanks

Scott

Look for a T18 to a Dana-18 t-case....IIRC, that's the double-offset case and there are 4:1 gears available.

Also search for Novak adapters and check them.

Is the T18 the granny low or the T19??

I'm pretty sure it is the T-18.  It's something like 6.32:1.  Don't quote me on that number, but it's low.  I have one in my 89 bronco and I have to drive it like a 3-speed (start out in second) because first is so low, but on the trail it is great.

I'll check with novak.

Thanks woody

You might consider the NP-435 granny low tranny. These came out in the 70's-80's Fords. They are a great transmission with a low gear somewhere around 6.7:1 ratio. They are a lot more plentiful than the T-18 or T-19. Should bolt right up to that Ford engine.

Good Luck...
Tazman

Hi,
The T-18 is non-sync'd granny low while the T-19 is fully sync'd with 4:1 1st (I think). I went with the T-19 in my old 60 CJ5 and Ford 302 when I had it. Worked great since I didn't do rock crawling.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom