Synthetic winch rope (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tech_dog said:
I'm not sure of the details of your dig, but you shouldn't write it off so quickly just because it may seem complicated to you.

This is known to destroy fishing reels in a very similar way when certain line materials are used. The forces add with each turn and can get huge.

No, no, no...sorry. I realized that I hit "quote" when I should have hit just plain ole "reply".

My comments were about the McClamp vs. Junkster episode. I found that very funny.

No, your comments were right on and well taken. In fact, your comments were told to me by some locals and I took their commentary into account when I changed over to synthetic. Having extra length--especially on a winch like a Warn 8K (which I have)--is slightly tricky. The first time I wrapped it up, the rope was longer than should have been and got crushed a bit under the metal of the ARB and the winch bars going across from drum to drum. I re-wrapped--paying special attention to the wrapping order--and things fit just fine.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll edit my previous post...

:cheers:

The one synthetic line that I have seen break was under a pretty good load and all it did was recoil about a foot and drop to the ground. After all of the winching I've done and witnessed, my next winch will have synthetic line on it.

beno said:
No, no, no...sorry. I realized that I hit "quote" when I should have hit just plain ole "reply".

My comments were about the McClamp vs. Junkster episode. I found that very funny.

No, your comments were right on and well taken. In fact, your comments were told to me by some locals and I took their commentary into account when I changed over to synthetic. Having extra length--especially on a winch like a Warn 8K (which I have)--is slightly tricky. The first time I wrapped it up, the rope was longer than should have been and got crushed a bit under the metal of the ARB and the winch bars going across from drum to drum. I re-wrapped--paying special attention to the wrapping order--and things fit just fine.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll edit my previous post...

:cheers:

No prob. Thanks for clarifying.

As a poindexter, I guess I'm over sensitive to anything that might be a "shut up, poindexter" reference. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom