Synthetic rope winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can you use a snatch block pulley with synthetic rope spooled winch. I have seen cable specifically listed on some and no mention on most pulley specs. I am removing my Warn 8000 lb winch from my LX 450 and installing on my Gen 3, 4 runner with an ARB bumper. I want to install a heavier winch on the LX and am looking for advise. I can afford which ever I wanted and am wondering the "you get what you pay for" scenario's applies. I would buy a Harbor Freight Badlands but fear using less than state of art when it comes to a winch? Suggestions?

Dear Mr Mudder, your answer was hurtful yet helpful. Thanks for the link it answered my first question about the snatch block. Kidding about the hurtful part. What would your advise be for a winch on the LX 450? I bought the LX with a Warn 8000 included, suspecting it is not powerful enough for such a heavy vehicle.

Its the gvwrs times 1.5 its also on the web. Here read this I don't know your back ground on winching but these questions say its not huge. This is a great thread with lots of info that'll be helpful in understanding what you're doing.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/

And as for winch try whatever series that is. I know people run the 8274 (warn) on the 80's series and its an 8k lbs winch but it pulls hard. Just do a bunch of googling with pirate 4x4 or ih8mud at the end of your search and you'll figure out what some are running

Update, I removed the Warn M8000 from LX 450 and installed it to the ARB on 2000 4 Runner, it works great. I purchased an ARB bumper and found a, used one time three month old, Warn Zeon 12 on Craigslist. The LX is in garage awaiting mock up on parts and lighting before final assembly. I purchased the LX last April in Houston from this site, it has never seen snow and most importantly SALT, here in Illinois, thus in winter storage in my garage. I now am looking for the right lights for the front before next step, April and no more salt right around the corner. After that I may attempt to fabricate my own rear bumper and tire carrier as I can not justify $2500 for one.

Mudder, thanks for linking that Pirate article. I learned a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom