Swap meet and truck show 24 September. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
Time to get the word out!
Pass this on to other club sites and other forums you all visit:
The Capital Land Cruiser Club is hosting a Toyota 4x4 swap meet and truck show at the Lincolnia Park Recreation Club 6501 Montrose St. Alexandria, Va
Google Maps
Saturday, September 24th.
All Toyota 4x4's are welcome and attendance is free. Show off your rig and sell your junk.
This is a family friendly event and there is plenty of space for kids to run around.
Vendors are welcome. Please reply to this event posting or email your intent to attend, types of items you're selling and space requirements to fj40@capitallandcruiserclub.org no later than 10 days before the event so we can reserve your spot.

Time to step it up. I just hung out tonight with all the people in charge of the venue. We have total blessing to have the run of the place. They are indebted that our work day and concrete connection thru my company saved them $4000 off the original estimate for the concrete pour. They will give us rest room access, and we can use their large BBQ grille for lunch sales. It's up to us to make the event great, and we need to start asap. I propose two things discussed at last meeting. First is this should be considered a semi-mandatory club event. Fine if you have a conflict, but this is not a choice event. If you are a member of this club, we need you to attend. This is our event, not another club's event that we try and rally support. We need everyone coming to attend to make it a success. If you feel like you don't desire to attend this event and help put our club on a bigger stage moving forward, ask yourself why you want to be part of this club. It will be nothing short of a fun day. Starting right now on this thread we need people posting that they are coming to make sure we have momentum. Second thing is we should probably schedule a committee meeting soon outside of regular monthly meetings. I believe the committee is Myself, Bart, Blowers, and Sourbeer. Also Stump and Ed who have volunteered involvement so we are sucking you in also. A few more club members would be a big help, and we'll try and organize a separate meeting to execute plans. stay tuned and please respond that you will attend the swap meet and if you possibly will help with the organizing committee and attend a planning session.

It's on my calendar now. I can help do something which should shame everyone else into participating.

I'm in! Post up when the committee meeting will be. And we can use my phone Confrence line if a get together is to hard.

Swap meet planning meeting: Wed 8/31 @ 7:30 @ Kilroy's

It is time to discuss the details and come up with a final game plan.

If you can't make the meeting, please post up if you are planning to volunteer to help (before, during and/or after). If you are planning to provide resources (canopies, coolers, food, tables, etc.) please provide details so we know what to expect.

The results of the meeting will be posted here.

Hope to see you on Wednesday.

Are we makeing this a mandatory event?

I have a canopy, 6' table, "Swap Meet" banner and TLCA banner.

In the spirit of the club, attendance at the swap meet should be considered a club membership obligation. We need everyone there, rigs and people out in force. This is our only annual event we are trying to kick start to be a success. We need everyone to attend that is able to for either appearance purposes, duration attendance and volunteering to help out and make it a success. Anyone interested in participating beyond showing up is encouraged to attend the organizational meeting next Wednesday at Kilroys Aug 31. The Regular Sept 7 meeting will also be integral to the events success, so please make an effort to boost attendance at either date to help launch this swap meet.

I think Chris is talking about the planning meeting.
We know you don't live right around the corner. For those committee members that are, it is mandi tory IMHO.

I was talking about what Jeff/Tikicruiser stated. If you don't have other major obligations you should be at the event.

I can get some big drafting paper if we want to draw out the location to figure out were things are going. Or just to entertain someone if they get board.

I can get folding chairs and tables and I have 2 pop ups.

Last edited:
My 10x20 canopy is offered up to the club as well as my grilling and/or BBQ skills. I also still have my membership at Restaurant Depot if we want to get bulk food sans tax along with any other food prep and selling supplies. I am, however, on baby watch so my participation on Wednesday is dicey but I'll try to get there. Jeff - can you take a pic of the grill that's onsite so I can see what we're working with?

Patrick,
We have two huge grill units. I can send photos of the choices. One is a closeable top and the other is a big horizontal rectangangle open grill they suggest is better for general charcoal easy cooking. Both large capacity. They supply Sunday events regularly with the open top that feeds 100 easily. Sounds like you will be a great candidate to head the food subcommittee logistics. I'll send you photos of both.

We can move internal planning postings to private perhaps after Wednesday's meeting and keep this thread as the public announcement thread.

I can make it to the planning meeting, the monthly meeting, and the swap meet. I'll start rummaging through my junk to see what I can sell. I can help out any way I can, just let me know what y'all need.

Looks like I am not able to make the planning meeting but I am in for helping out. I will help Patrick with food prep, cooking and what ever else is needed in that department. Unless I could be used somewhere else. Just tell me what to do and I'll probably do it.

Sounds like we will have a worthwhile meeting this week on Wed. We can delegate into teams and tasks. Guys who can't make it we'll assign you with sub committees and post up the plan of attack and assignments in the private section. Also go over everything again at the sept meeting and we should be in good shape for the event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom