Suspension Upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How many people have replaced or upgraded their suspension? I have 130K miles, and mine is feeling quite soft.

Any recommendations on installing a stiffer suspension?

do you want OEM height and comfort? or are you looking for something taller and more off-road oriented?

do you want OEM height and comfort? or are you looking for something taller and more off-road oriented?

The OEM height and comfort is okay, although I wouldn't mind something a little stiffer. I've considered a small lift (1") several times, but this vehicle will mostly serve as a family hauler/adventure vehicle for the next 50K miles, so on-road comfort and accessibility for wife/kids is also important.

Bilstein shocks/struts would probably be perfect. Stiffer, but not bone jarring. Had them before the BP-51s.

I know that they recently came out with some fancy, reservoir shocks, but I used the regular ones. I don't remember a part number, but 4600 and 5100 sounds familiar. I think the only difference was that the 4600 did not have the adjustable ride height rings for the strut (3 positions for the spring collar). Mine had the rings, set in the middle.

I fitted ToughDog Extreme and very happy....The off-road capabilities is also much better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom