Suspension question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all! :D

New to the board, lucked out and found this last friday and it's the best so far. Great board.

Anyhow, not the most mechanically inclined, but started a frameup on a 78 fj40 last july. My first fj40 and my first frameup. Allthough sometimes my checking account and I feel overwhelmed, I been chuggin on her.

Just got both axles on with Man-A-Fre's Safari Suspension Systems FJ40 4" System w/ Shackle Reversal Kit.
http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessories/SafariSuspensionFJ404inchShackleReversalKit.htm

I know that the rear bumper is higher than the front, but I measured the center rear and center front portions b4 the arch for the axles and they were not the same, believe the rear was higher by 1.25".

Just wondering if this is normal, or if Man-a-fre messed up my order again...maybe wrong springs or too long of a shackle in the rear.

Thank in advance!

ie: you measured each half of the leaf pack itself?

yes, the FJ40 leaf pack center pin is offset....shortside + 3.5" = longside

a "rake" to the suspension is normal when first installed....give it some trail time and it will soften and level out some.

Hey Woody,
thanx for the reply, I did check the spring, they are uniform. I have had 4 screwups in my orders with Man-a-fre and noticed the ass sitting sorta high and not sure if this is normal.

Thanx!

i think the springs with the # 4044 belong on the front ,i have the same lift kit ,no longer on my lc tho, i also got it from man-a-fre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom