Surf N Turf, Nov 8-9, 2003 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pismojim

the Dude abides...
Threads
Website
realcruiser.com
stlogo.jpg

Hello Cruiserheads,

2[sup]nd[/sup] Annual Surf N Turf
is happening November 8-9, 2003.
Pismo Beach, California

Please check http://realcruiser.com/surfnturf/
for more info about this year's event.

Looking forward to seeing you on the beach and in the dunes!

pismojim@realcruiser.com
jumpn04.jpg

Jim,

We'll be there!

Regards

Alvaro

someday when i have enough money to move out west ill be there til then im stuck on the east coast

Surf N Turf Update:

It looks like a great turnout for the 2nd Annual Surf N Turf - over 50 vehicles!

I am ordering event T-Shirts and Dash Plaques this week. I will not be ordering "extras" so order now or miss out.

NOTE: Even if you can't make it to Pismo Beach you can still order, I'll send the event T-shirts, stickers, and dash plaques to you immediately after the event.
Check out:

Any questions, Email me direct pismojim@realcruiser.com

Hope to see on the beach,

Surf N Turf Update:

NEW CAMP LOCATION

Based on the tremendous response to this year's event (50-100 rigs!!!) we've out grown our previous camp site in the back dunes. This year, in order to accommodate the larger group we'll be camping ON THE BEACH near Pole 7.

This is a wide open area, near the last (Southern most) permanent bathroom. Simply drive South on the beach and watch the numbered sign posts. It's about a twenty minute drive down the beach from the Pier Avenue entrance ramp, you can't miss it. The Surf N Turf cruiser crew will be there on Friday afternoon staking out a big area. We'll monitor CB Channel 8.

Camping on the beach near Pole 7 will also allow motorhomes and trailers to reach the campsite during low tide. The weather should be nice with calm winds and mild temps. However, this camp area is exposed and primitive. Savvy campers will bring wind screens, camp tables, BBQs and firewood.

HIGH NOON POKER RUN

Join us for a poker run and tour of the dunes complex. We'll start from the Surf N Turf camp Saturday at 12:00 PM. This will be a guided tour through the back dunes including stops at five checkpoints. Expect about two hours to complete the course. Poker hand entries will be available for $5 prior to the run or just tag along for free. The jackpot will be spilt between the High and Low hands upon completion of the run.

Every effort will be made to find a route through the dunes that will be suitable for stock rigs and inexperienced drivers. This is not intended as a "challenge" run. Nonetheless, be prepared to drive up, down, over, and around soft and sometimes steep sand dunes. Prior to the run, everyone should have their tires sufficiently aired down (10-15 psi). Bring a shovel (full sized preferred), and just in case, a tow strap and a smiling face. The idea is a long "train" of cruisers following a guide, not a random race to the check points. It should make some good photo ops and get everyone through with minimal stucks. (There will still be plenty of time for the rambunctious drivers to race around and get themselves stuck after the poker run.)

The above information and new information about the Sunday Trail Runs has been added to the Surf N Turf web page.

Cheers,

For all of you that could't attend I highly recommend you go next year. This was my first LC event and we had a great time! People we met were very friendly - wish we could have spent more time getting to know everyone. Next year maybe we will camp?

Jim, thank you for setting up the event. Looking forward to seeing the pictures and some stories. Special thanks to all those that helped to keep our landcruiser from rolling over on the sand dune. I made a rookie mistake in the sand that could have cost me a new paint job and some body work. However, within minutes of calling out on the CB the calvary was there to help (along with quite a few onlookers taking lots of pics.) Need to remember when your'e in the sand...speed is your friend....never hesitate. Well, I learned my lesson and looking forward to next years event.

David...

Thanks for posting all the picture links Drexx. And, for taking so many pictures. There might be a few new photo links on the web page below.

Here's a web page about the recently completed event.

http://realcruiser.com/surfnturf/snt2003/

Thankfully I could borrow photos and quotes from others. At least you'll get the idea of what you missed. Needless to say it was a whole lotta fun and the turnout was amazing.

(Be sure to check out the side bar links to see other people's photos.)

Then, mark your calendar for the next Surf N Turf:

November 5-7, 2004
Pismo Beach, CA

See Ya There!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom