Stud To Eye Shock adapters? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if there were a company out there that sells adapters for the front/rear shocks to convert the LC front Stud to Stud config to Eye TO Eye and the Rear upper mount as well. I know that the "Stud" configuration is limited to what is available, and the "Eye to Eye" has more.

It would just be a bracket that can bolt onto the Stud holes to convert to the Eye holes for the shocks.

I know that I can fabricate my own, but would like to just buy a set if they are available. Call me lazy.....:D

Thanks Ebag...

So your telling me just use some 2 in box size tubing...

Cut off the top portion to make it U shaped

Drill the lower hole to bolt to the stock LC Stud hole

Then Drill the sides for the new Stud Config....

Hmmm.... Seems pretty Easy....

I noticed that the Adapters loose about 1.5 inches of travel. So it I install two on the front (bottom/top) I'm going to loose 3 inches of Up travel?

Box generally doesn't come with a top or bottom to it, just the 4 sides. But basically you have the right idea. Cut the box tube to length, drill a hole in the side for the shock to bolt to, weld the box to the lower shock mount. If you don't have a welder or access to one, have an exhaust shop do it. It's about a 5 minute job (if that) and they shouldn't charge you much.

Leave the original hole that the shock pin went in open as a drain for any water that gets in the box, or if you want to get fancy cut/drill holes in the box for additional openings for water/dirt/etc.

Only down side is you might need to clean it out if you go through a bunch of mud and fill it up, but my non-box adapter tends to collect junk anyway.

Call Frankie Off Road

I was wondering if there were a company out there that sells adapters for the front/rear shocks to convert the LC front Stud to Stud config to Eye TO Eye and the Rear upper mount as well. I know that the "Stud" configuration is limited to what is available, and the "Eye to Eye" has more.

It would just be a bracket that can bolt onto the Stud holes to convert to the Eye holes for the shocks.

I know that I can fabricate my own, but would like to just buy a set if they are available. Call me lazy.....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom