Stuck in snow in new cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The area you are in looks pretty barren, but bear with my out-of-the-box thinking for a second. Could you have found some pine or spruce bows to layer in front of the stuck tire, then tried to get traction on those?

to answer part of my own question I was looking at interco, they make a trxus 35x12.5 but state that tread width is only 10.5 any body running these

Trxus rock.

They make the SSR in a tall 35x10.5. Also the Q78 is tall and skinny.

Here's a pic of the SSR next to a 35" Trxus MT.
Trxus vs SSR.jpg

Yeah it is pretty bare up there, Where I was sitting I could see pine trees, about 1/2 a mile across and maybe 1000 yards up, as wet as my pants got working hard trying to dig out with my feet, Temperature in the low 30's to 20's not a good idea to make the trek. there was an old fence post about 100 yards out, but I could not get it out of the ground.

Hey ya know what
looks like you got stuck
You gotta check out those iceland guys setuup

I think I would try airing down more if I had onboard air, but this ride, if it could have been completed would have put me on 40 miles of pavement at the end before the next town, that would suck at 12 psi, and the majority of the drive was done at speeds up to 40 mph, airing down for rock crawling or crawling in general seems ok but for the wheeling we do around here does not seem to apply. Another picture of the passenger side. Doesn't look bad compared to ND snow..
You dont need onboard air for that. Dont you carry compressor in case you get a flat tire ?
If your tires not atleast around 20 psi on the snow you will get stuck very easily. Especially if you dont have lockers or lsd.
I did see very capable trucks (locked F/R) getting stuck in few inches of snow where truck with open-open and tires at 15 psi would just pass by no problems.

EDIT: Here is the example. Red Tacoma at 3:55 is the only open-open truck at that run
YouTube - NTC Meet and Greet February 2008 part 1

Last edited:
It seems to me that all other things being equal, the construction of a bias ply would give better floatation when aired down.

Can anyone's experience confirm or deny that?

It seems to me that all other things being equal, the construction of a bias ply would give better floatation when aired down.

Can anyone's experience confirm or deny that?
ply only dictates how much you need to air down to have tire flatten. Flatten tire means you pushing more snow backwards instead of outwards.

I carry a spare tire, Not a compressor, I do have a small compressor but it takes too long to air up a tire. At my store I just got in two compressed air tanks big red ones like scuba tanks, the kid I got them from said you can get the adapter to run air tools at hardware store. I will do some research because I would like to test this out. I plan on going back up to where I got stuck, with all my gear this time. And I may try running aired down to see if it makes a difference.

so, does this mean I should not complain if I ever have to dig sand (again) from under the truck on a nice warm sunny beach...? :D

I think shoveling sand would suck worse, there was no one around to see me digging in the snow but on a beach with hot girls laughing at my stuck cruiser I think that would be far worse..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom