STOLEN Stolen FJ62 - SoCal, Please Keep an Eye Out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, I should have been more specific. Bring a couple of friends, A) just in case he is the low life p.os. that stole your rig, and has a couple of friends, and B) while you're talking to the seller, your friend can be slyly casing the the scenario, see if your stuff is on a truck on the side of the houe, sneak a phone pic of a license plate.. No need for Rambo tactics.

Slight highjack, reevesci, I have to say, I like your style. I like garage customizing, whether it's cars or guns or trucks, etc., but I think I'm fairly decent at it, and I like the clean lines you lay out. Well done.

I haven't received a reply from that CL ad yet.
But, what i will do is scour the area for a 60 with TT rear bumper.
Hope fully i can find it.

I haven't seen the ad myself, but has anyone tried to use Pipl.com with the contact info within the ad? . A phone number, name, or email can yield some very fruitful results. also, I'd have to agree with what everyone else has said, if you can manage to buy the part, have some boys alternate tailing the scum bag to his house, then call the cops and enjoy the popcorn.

:popcorn:

ALSO ...looking at the CL add..IF those photos were taken with a cell phone the GPS coordinates are imbedded in the photo's themselves. Using a photo GPS extract (google it) you might be able to find the exact address they were taken.

I will try to do this once I'm out of work and post up here if I can get anywhere

------------------
Edit:

If that doesn't work, but someone gets a response from this cracker jack, ask him to send you a more photos, even just one!!

A direct email with an additional photo would be just as valuable (ex. tell him you want a better photo than CL so you can see the crossmembers condition)

even if he uses a different number, the GPS information is 100% included in the photo as it's sent person to person.

craigslist strips the data out so I can't get at the GPS info that way. (the good ol' days of craigslist lax privacy settings are gone). but picture straight from the source would be money.

Last edited:
@MBurroughs

You should contact the CC PD cops who did the leg work on your truck and tell them about this CL ad and how suspicious it is... It's local so they may very well investigate?

I am wondering if the person selling the parts could be reading this thread. Maybe any strategizing should be conducted via private message?

Well, I drove all around my area. In my motorcycle.
I found 4 FJ62. Two of them where stock with the original rear and front bumpers.
The one I did find had two fj62 in the driveway. I took a photo of it but wont post up till I block out the license plate number on it.
I don't want to expose or accuse anyone who is a MUD member. The rear bumper doesn't look like Trail Tailors work! Also has a very clean bone stock 62 parked next it.
I know where these vehicles are and will keep an eye for them and see if bumpers are installed any time soon.
Interesting how much more ground you can cover on a MC and find other cruisers you haven't seen in the area.
Just trying to help out!

EDIT!!

View attachment 1244064
The Craig's ad says the crossmember is off of a fj60, so maybe look for a 60, not a 62.

Nah!! ^^^

How difficult is it to change the title? it is the parts that are missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom