STOLEN Stolen FJ62 - SoCal, Please Keep an Eye Out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

x2

I read through the whole thread and didn't see anything about catching the bad guys or vehicle returned to owner.

"I can't believe it, but I just got a call from police that my truck was found! Abandoned in La Mirada not far away.
I have no idea what condition it's in. The police say "undamaged" but who knows if the parts have been stripped off.
I'm heading to pick it up today, and I'll report back!

I am so happy!"

Owner said the truck was found April 15th.

I figured an update is in order -

Not much has changed, the truck is still naked, unfortunately. Glad to have it back though!
I spent my Sunday going through and repairing a lot of the damage done to the interior. The thieves managed to tear everything apart in their effort to steal my stock stereo...

FJ62-stolen-parts-arb-bumper.jpg

Glad to hear it! Sucks that it's naked but better that than most of the alternatives.

They could have asked any of us for a stock radio and we'd would have happily handed one over for free! Freakin chumps, I hope the wheel of karma rolls over on thier ass.

I figured an update is in order -

Not much has changed, the truck is still naked, unfortunately. Glad to have it back though!
I spent my Sunday going through and repairing a lot of the damage done to the interior. The thieves managed to tear everything apart in their effort to steal my stock stereo...

FJ62-stolen-parts-arb-bumper.jpg

Security products for your vehicle

No.
I had to go auto when I did my conversion....
I did the gear lock..

20150216_193705.jpg

I don't think you could go wrong with either of those..

Ah, forgot about your extra cubic inches :D

I'll prolly order the clutch lock and try to fab something to lock the shifter.

Thanks!

Happy to read that there was as somewhat happy ending to this thread.

Maybe a well placed kill switch. Theft of these trucks will likely increase as they age and desirability is gained in the media.

Glad you got your truck back.....

Glad to hear about your truck, I always worry about the vulnerability of these trucks.

I'm surprised you got it back with the wheels and tires still on it, that seems like the first thing they'd go for. Atleast you got your truck back, even if it is naked, If I lost my 60 it just wouldn't be the same replacing it with another one.

Definitely glad the rig was found, unfortunate it's missing a few of the extras though.

As the guy selling the FJ60 stuff (FJ60 & FJ62 Landcruiser - Rear Cross member, Tow hitch, Battery tray) I appreciate the immediate skepticism and especially the massive of interest in the parts, most going as far to schedule times to meet and then bailing. This also explains the increase in police activity on my street. For future reference, as an owner of x2 FJ60's and a total lack of trust with the internet you will rarely have the pleasure of meeting me at the house. In 89fjlandcruiser's case, I happen to have met him last year and considered it a safe bet to let him in to my man cave. This does explain the awkward interaction of not actually needing a tow hitch though... If any of you would like to see my rigs or my sweet new (to me) bumper bought on the for sale forum (here), I'll be at the car show in Culver tomorrow with the beauty and Glamis next weekend with the beast. You should probably be ready to share a beer with me and a few stories.

Please though stop flagging and harassing my ad... I need room in my garage for the axel swaps I have planned this summer.

Last edited:
Sorry if you've been bothered by anyone, @crmiller - I can assure you no one from my camp (myself included) has flagged any ads, called any police, or done anything else short of having @89fjlandcruiser report back after he met up with you (and was kind enough to do so for me, and spoke highly of you as a member of the community.)
If anyone else is attempting any vigilante justice by flagging ads or anything else, remember that we're all landcruiser fans, and part of a family.

^^^ Glad to hear your a nice guy.@crmiller

Please though stop flagging and harassing my ad... I need room in my garage for the axel swaps I have planned this summer.

Uh huh... Where'd you get them axels from? Haha.. Just kidding brother.

You're a true gentleman for being so understanding. We're all brothers and sisters united by a common passion for our Land Cruisers. I promise that if your rig fell into unscrupulous hands, we'd all unite behind you as well my friend.

Now... Will someone buy the man's stuff? He's been through enough :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom