STOLEN Stolen FJ62 - SoCal, Please Keep an Eye Out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last night, my truck was stolen from Tustin, Orange County CA.

1988 FJ62 Land Cruiser
Blue/Grey in Color
TN License Plate, 58367AA
Has an ARB front bumper, SuperWinch, 3-Spoke LodioDrive wheels, Nitto Trail Grappler tires, and I JUST installed a new swing out rear bumper from Jason yesterday.
It's a very distinctive truck, especially the wheels. If you see the truck, or any of the parts pop up for sale please let me know ASAP.
My cell is 816 585 7700
Or please call your local police.

FJ62-toyota-land-cruiser-fj60-yosemite-national-park-offroad.jpg

fj62-arb-bumper-old-man-emu-lift-kit.jpg

WTF! This is the 2nd Cruiser that has been posted stolen. You guys need to find a way to chain up your vehicles. I'm in CO probably won't see it here. Those wheels do stand out. Hope you find it. Good Luck!

F#$% this makes me so sick and angry! I'm so sorry man. It's a beautiful truck. I'll keep an eye out. I have a feeling this is going to be in a chop shop. The truck is just to distinctive to sell. Keep an eye out on the border towns. Can you give us a few more details on the theft? Where it was parked? Did it happen during the day or night? Did they tow it off or hot wired? Any info you can give that may help prevent the next theft would be appreciated. Again, so sorry. I know you're just sick about it. I hope you had full coverage and it all works out for you in the end.

F#$% this makes me so sick and angry! I'm so sorry man. It's a beautiful truck. I'll keep an eye out. I have a feeling this is going to be in a chop shop. The truck is just to distinctive to sell. Keep an eye out on the border towns. Can you give us a few more details on the theft? Where it was parked? Did it happen during the day or night? Did they tow it off or hot wired? Any info you can give that may help prevent the next theft would be appreciated. Again, so sorry. I know you're just sick about it. I hope you had full coverage and it all works out for you in the end.

Liability only, unfortunately. I'm SOL.
The truck was stolen between 5PM and 8:30AM last night/this morning, from my apartment complex in Tustin. Not sure how it was taken. I found a single bit of broken glass, so either it's from something else, or the thief cleaned up.

Liability only, unfortunately. I'm SOL.
The truck was stolen between 5PM and 8:30AM last night/this morning, from my apartment complex in Tustin. Not sure how it was taken. I found a single bit of broken glass, so either it's from something else, or the thief cleaned up.

Damnit! Is the apartment gated with access codes required to enter? Do they have security cams available to check? Check for video at businesses nearby as well. Someone might have footage of these assholes. They didn't just walk to your apartment... unless they're residents of the same complex and they've been casing your rig.

Also, who installed your rear bumper? Were they a company you've used before? Sometimes employees will case your rig from a shop. Dig in your glove compartment for insurance or registration info, to find out where you live, and then grab your rig. Some pros will even make a copy of your key, making it that much easier for them. Keep your papers out of your rig if you ever bring it in to a shop for anything. It's really easy for an employee to find out if there is no auto alarm or to disable it, if there is. Even if it's a trusted shop, you don't really know who is working for them, and if they're a new guy, neither do they. My brother had this happen to him after an oil change at a Grease Monkey. He woke up the next morning and his car was on blocks, stripped of every high dollar after market piece of his car. He had an alarm as well, but it was never activated. It was just to coincidental how the thieves knew EXACTlY what to take... Be careful out there fellow Mud brothers and sisters.

Damnit! Is the apartment gated with access codes required to enter? Do they have security cams available to check? Check for video at businesses nearby as well. Someone might have footage of these assholes. They didn't just walk to your apartment... unless they're residents of the same complex and they've been casing your rig.

Also, who installed your rear bumper? Were they a company you've used before? Sometimes employees will case your rig from a shop. Dig in your glove compartment for insurance or registration info, to find out where you live, and then grab your rig. Some pros will even make a copy of your key, making it that much easier for them. Keep your papers out of your rig if you ever bring it in to a shop for anything. It's really easy for an employee to find out if there is no auto alarm or to disable it, if there is. Even if it's a trusted shop, you don't really know who is working for them, and if they're a new guy, neither do they. My brother had this happen to him after an oil change at a Grease Monkey. He woke up the next morning and his car was on blocks, stripped of every high dollar after market piece of his car. He had an alarm as well, but it was never activated. It was just to coincidental how the thieves knew EXACTlY what to take... Be careful out there fellow Mud brothers and sisters.

It's not gated, and no cameras. And I did the bumper install, so I don't think anything like that is the case.

It's not gated, and no cameras. And I did the bumper install, so I don't think anything like that is the case.

Alright man... Sorry, I'm taking this theft a little too personal. Good luck bud. I really do hope you recover your rig.

Last edited:
:bang: :bang:
:crybaby:

DAAMMMIITT!!!

I just nearly throw up reading another one of this stolen rig and this is not the first,second or third time someone posted that someone stole their LC. We as a group should protect our investment not because it will be worth hundred of thousands in the future (Yeah right) just because we love our rigs for what it does to us when we are in it driving or where it takes us,for the most part rigs have been found with very little damage. I hope that you get your awesome rig returned soon i will keep an eye here around the bay area and please contact CHP and local police also check everyday on Craigslist for possible parts that might show up if they decide to part it out,find where is Orange county garage where they bring in all their recovered cars and check on it daily. When you get her back find ways to disable your vehicle everytime you park it regardless where you go i'm sure that you know about worn out Toyota keys will work on most Toyota out there.

Man!! I'm so pissed for you! That is a gorgeous rig. Doubt I'll see it out here in NM but I'll keep my eyes peeled for parts postings. We have quite of few of those from CA.

@MBurroughs Just to add that if your rig is found and taken to a yard it will rack up some storage fee very quick if you don't follow up on it. Some of the rigs that were found in the city (S.F.O) was sitting there for days before they finally called the owner a few lucky ones had to pick it up a few miles away where it was stolen. Search on stolen vehicles and see some of the ways they got their rigs back.

Sorry for the loss and Hell to all thieves:mad:

My eyes are open in the SF Valley and Simi Valley area.

Dyno

Everybody stay on CL alert.
Don't hesitate to bring ANY leads.
Seeing parts for sale from a truck that nice should raise all of our suspicions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom