Stock 2f Carb - Fixed Or Variable Venturi? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious if the stock carb in the 2f engine is a fixed or variable venturi, or neither. I acquired a Toyota carburetor technician's handbook and it has quite a lot of useful information pertaining to carbs, however it only focuses on those two types. It states nothing about vehicle type and the publication date is 1987.

I would like to know which of the two areas I should be looking at. If anyone can chime in with an answer, I would appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure the OEM carburetor is a fixed venturi. Can you post the publication number for your handbook? Thanks!

The venture is the throat of the carburetor. Technically your venturi does not change size on your asian carb.

The amount or air passed through the venture is monitored or controlled by the throttle butterflies or throttle plates. This may be confused with a variable or adjustable venture.

The only true variable venturi carburetor is a slide bore carburator similar to those on most motorcycles. Think Makuni or Tekie.

The number on the back of the manual says:

P/N 00401-42776
"Toyota Carburetors - Technician's Handbook"
1987 Toyota Motor Sales USA - Technical Training Department
Black & Silver cover

It looks to be a technician's training course handbook and gives detailed information on carb principals and mechanics of Toyota carbs (which detail the two types I mention - fixed/variable venturi in great detail).

There's also a nice troubleshooting guide and systems check area in the book.

Total pages: 162

Thanks for the answers guys!

Late '80s Tercel had VVC......

Yeah, that's why I even wonder if this manual is applicable to the 2f carb. That's what, I guess, I'm trying to find out here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom