steering stabilizer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have a gear puller but had better luck with a pickle fork on my 95 with 120K when I did the suspension. 3 lb hammer was also used. Wheels were still off due to the installation process. The broken rear shock bolt was my biggest obstacle.

X2 for the pickle fork; comes off in 3 seconds if used with a impact wrench, 20 seconds with a hammer. Of course, remember to remove
the nuts before you pull the trigger :doh:

g

I used the Old Man Emu that comes with the slee heavy 2.5 inch and it works awesome, a huge difference when compared with the stock stabilizer and the new springs and shocks.

X2 for the OME; if you've got big tires and a lift, there are even bigger more massive stabilizers; check out the Tough Dog brand, made in Australia I think.

g

I just got through with mine (took off deer damaged bumper) in anticipation of the lift that is being shipped right now. (OME)

I use the smaller gear puller, just got it tight (took me awhile to figure it out) and used a torch and the thing popped off.

I think I stripped the new bolt on the DS. Is it supposed to be flush, ie, pressed ALL the way in like the OEM?

I got about 1/2 of inch of thread showing, was using a 18" ratchet, and then it got easy. I was trying to get it all the way in. Was this a mistake? It certainly isn't going anywhere, but I was hesitant to try to get the PS one in anymore than I did.

I guess I can sawzall it off, and order another one from OME or try to find a harder one.

Any suggestions?

I just got through with mine (took off deer damaged bumper) in anticipation of the lift that is being shipped right now. (OME)

I use the smaller gear puller, just got it tight (took me awhile to figure it out) and used a torch and the thing popped off.

I think I stripped the new bolt on the DS. Is it supposed to be flush, ie, pressed ALL the way in like the OEM?

I got about 1/2 of inch of thread showing, was using a 18" ratchet, and then it got easy. I was trying to get it all the way in. Was this a mistake? It certainly isn't going anywhere, but I was hesitant to try to get the PS one in anymore than I did.

I guess I can sawzall it off, and order another one from OME or try to find a harder one.

Any suggestions?

I think I may have stripped the bolt too trying to get it flush like the OEM. Should i be worried?

Jwp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom