Steering Stabilizer bolt needed for FOX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloVTA

beside La Caja China
SILVER Star
Threads
I bought a FOX stabilizer, thinking i could bolt it in, but not so lucky in my 94 80 series.

steering stabilizer part # 985-24-063

Fox 2.0 Performance Series Smooth Body IFP Stabilizer

the new one has an eye diameter I.D> of .5" and the Stock bolt that was holding on my OME one is .625" dia.
also, the rubber bushing is about a 1/4 wider overall than the OME.

Now I need to find new bolts to replace the stock ones. smaller in dia. and longer on sleeve side.

Anyone?
(yes I searched)

is shaft tapered on side that mounts into plate and bar? I'm hoping to find two bolts and swap them out, and not having to find two completely different bolts.

does anyone have one laying around that can measure?

They are tapered in to the plate and the bar

thanks for the info.
Fox returned a message to me with a grip of part numbers for bushings that will fit the eye.
Would still like to find a bolt supplier though.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425571202.113872.jpg

I ordered a set of poly bushings from Kartek that Fox sells.
Parts are .625 x 1.3" part # 014-11-003-A

Swapped them in and it seems to work. Will give it a better go this weekend.

it works good. But I think it's too short.
When I compared the OME one to this one, the lengths were different by about 2".
It feels like I don't get that last 30 degrees of steering wheel rotation...it stops short.
so for those few times you really crank it onto the stops at full lock, it's bumping on the rubber gaskets on the shaft, and not hitting the lock out bolt on the front hub. it's probably safer on the shock, but that 1/2" I could really use.

i mean, who couldn't use an extra 1/2 "
Hey OOHHH!!!

the OME has a 9.25" length from full compression to full extension. overall length is 16.5" comp, to 25.75" ext. ( me measuring my old one on the bench in the garage)
this FOX model I got says (per their website) it's an 8" length. Full comp at 15.85" (.65" more compression) and 23.9" full ext. (1.85" less) shorter than the old OME.

they make a 10" one, but the compressed lengths aren't near the OME, so I'm not sure it'll work perfect either.

Still running the Stabilizer @PabloVTA ? Been looking at them and ran across this thread, and put it together that you were on the EPIC HitR trip that Cam is writing up over in the CLC Clubhouse. Curious what your thoughts are on this one vs. just getting the OME.

yep, ran it and had a blast. I didn't notice any limitations.
Will be going thru the Rubicon here this month, that will probably have me testing it's bump stops.
But the harder I pushed the truck at speed thru the whoops, the better it handled. There was some washboard on another road I hit, and the truck was great.
I've seen some others using a bolt kit that uses two Ubolts to the bar, so I guess you could mount it exactly wherever you want , that way.

Thanks man, that is great to hear. Also, the trip sounds like it was truly a once in a lifetime adventure.

I have a custom mount on the drag link using the OME bolt and used the other OME bolt that is mounted to the plate that bolts to the front crossmember. I just bolted my Fox stabilizer straight on. The only drawback is that the bolts are a tiny bit too short.
I did research and measured the distance traveled by my OME stabilizer before I took it off and although I don't remember exactly, it was around 7" so the 8" Fox stbilizer doesn't limit my steering at all. But my steering is full custom and I had to give up a little lock to lock with the Hellfire knuckles and no coil overs. FWIW

what bump stops are you using?
got a KING part #?
did it come with the bolt for the chassis mount too?

uhh, yeah..300 bones for that? ouch.
7 hundy for bump stops?

will need to pick up a paper route and wait for the group buy at christmas...

View attachment 1040629
I ordered a set of poly bushings from Kartek that Fox sells.
Parts are .625 x 1.3" part # 014-11-003-A

Swapped them in and it seems to work. Will give it a better go this weekend.

Hello @PabloVTA, definitely, your Fox 2.0 Performance Series Smooth Body IFP steering stabilizer part # 985-24-063, it worked correctly just by replacing the new bushings with the poly bushing set by the Fox # 014-11- 003- A ??? Thx

Last edited:
Hello @PabloVTA, definitely, your Fox 2.0 Performance Series Smooth Body IFP steering stabilizer part # 985-24-063, it worked correctly just by replacing the bushings with the new poly bushing set by the Fox # 014-11- 003- A ??? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom