Steel wheels, 37" tires and stock hubcaps??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nifski

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone run a steel wheel like a Stockton large enough to fit a 37" tire and adapted the stock hub caps and clips, I like the stock look, does anyone have pictures or know of a thread that deal with this!

Thanks,N

I recently searched for similar criteria, and found one instance where the guy cut the top of the hub cap off and rewelded tabs onto what ever wheel he was using.

Several have had stock wheels widened at Stockton (15x8, 15x10) and I've seen one set reworked by Stockton into a 16x8. On the 15x8 was a set of 37x12.50 Goodyear MTRs. Widening the stock wheels retains the clips and hubcaps.

Last edited:
FJ-40 Steelies.jpg
Here is a the Cruiser I referenced above with 15x8" OEM steelies (widened by Stockton Wheel in California) running 37x12.50 Goodyear MTRs.

Hot dam!!! Do you have to send them wheels to widen or just order some to specs you want?

Ship them to Stockton. They cut the centers out and re weld them into new barrels. Any width, any backspace. They can even size up (+1) to a 16", which would be the way to go.

FJ-40 Steelies 2.jpg

Same truck

How do hubcaps retain the "stock look" when on a widened wheel mounted with 37" tires?

Wasn’t my truck but it had a spring-over lift with very flat springs...

As far as I know, wheels retained stock backspacing and offset...just widened from 5.5” to 8”.

Wheels were built by Stockton for David Reljac ...not sure if he is still around

@kcsmithson owned the truck after Reljac...maybe he will answer up.

@Exiled was the originator of the wheels. Garth your memory is pretty good and so is your hoard of pictures. SOA lift with flat springs is correct and almost positive the backspacing was stock.

Ha! I forgot Henry had the wheels made. @Exiled has been on mud , lately, applying his penchant for OEM Toyota Steelies to his awesome 100 Series here:

If he doesn’t post-up here, just shoot him a DM.

Ha! I forgot Henry had the wheels made. @Exiled has been on mud , lately, applying his penchant for OEM Toyota Steelies to his awesome 100 Series here:

If he doesn’t post-up here, just shoot him a DM.
Thank y’all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom