Steel half doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are no handles pr dash curves and it does it up lege room but as a free roll barr and an excellent safety feature it serves it's purpose for now. Let's put it this way if I rolled, I trust the bar. I'd rather buy a new winshield than die. Sometimes you have to sacrifice comfort features for realistic goals.

Sorry dude. Mistaken identity. I think we meant toddslater. Didn't he supply the pics. I got them E-mail but haven't learned yet how to post pics.

Hey the half door look is great !!
i have a old spair set im going to chop for my 1979 45..

actually my rear drop-down gate is made out of wood also, with an Al. outer layer, which the half doors don't have... I'm going to dig up some pics...

[quote author=hammerhead link=board=1;threadid=4357;start=msg34703#msg34703 date=1061787810]
Any takers on my trade deal? C'mon guys. Some of you made it sound like stock doors are too valuable to chop.
[/quote]

If you were on the right continent, I definately would :D :flipoff2:

ATOYOT, could you please resize or link a thumbnail version of your avatar. The one you're currently using takes forever to load... Thanks ! :beer:,

OK, here's my wooden half doors.
And no, they're not screaming booty fab, because my dad built them and he's not bad at woodworking :D :flipoff2:

here is the shape for the edge for a perrrrfect fit.
As you can see, the front part is somewhat bent now, from the wood drying I guess. It could have used some bracing in the front as well, but I didn't add it back then, as they would interfere with the window regulator handle...

TDJIV,

atoyot posted those pics of my half doors and and roll cage on my light blue 73. You had a corncern about the strength of the front bar in a roll over situation. Scroll back up to the pic and notice some primer on the roll cage, front fender, and rear qpanel. I rolled and slide it pretty hard on the concrete. I would think I slammed harder than a roll over on the trail...nless of course you dropped off a rather large cliff. I received 9 stiches in my head, bled all over the place, and un hitched my seat belt and walked away. Without that cage we my not be having this fun dialogue today. I'll see if I can post a pic of the windshield as I managed to pretzel it nicely.

Hey it worked...I guess I am back in the pic posting business. I had another thought or option if you will on the half doors. Since I just made 3 new winshields out of Taffak (polycarbonate sheet)....it would be simple to make up some doors out of the stuff. Routes very nicely ;) , and you couldn't crack or bust the stuff with a sledge hammer. I need to look into how it would accept paint though....I'll get back on that.

How did you get the pics to post? I tried but they didn't make it.

One more time, here are mine.

Hey rhere working.

Last one. I'm planning on putting a speaker in one hole and a door on the other for misc. storage.

[quote author=toddslater link=board=1;threadid=4357;start=msg34861#msg34861 date=1061835695]
I just made 3 new winshields out of Taffak (polycarbonate sheet)....it would be simple to make up some doors out of the stuff. Routes very nicely ;) , and you couldn't crack or bust the stuff with a sledge hammer. I need to look into how it would accept paint though....I'll get back on that.
[/quote]Why paint them? Leave them clear and they'd never block your vision.

most informitive, i like all the chop jobs i've seen here. all good mod's, guess i'll give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom