Started to bring my 74 FJ40 back to life. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

believe it or not it is the exact same spot, i was trying to stay on the right side and my rear slid down in the ditch and it stood strait up and slowly layed over.

Wow!! I was just bullshitting but now I remember you saying that you flopped in the same spot as him.

getting ready to start my next round of mods to make it more street friendly. I picked up a trailmax II 42" fold and tumble seat, Lexus IS300 wheels studs, ARB front locker, 200 amp alternator and a new rear drive shaft.

New oil pan from Beno came in yesterday along with my new driveshaft/ and I got started it on putting it in today. I HATE doing oil pan gaskets. Here are a few pics of the new pan and drive shaft. Notice the drain plug. The new pans have a smaller plug.
IMG-20120410-00096.jpg
St.%20Bethlehem-20120410-00100.jpg

Your not suppose to be working on your truck in KEEN's!!! Where the hell are your work boots ,safety glasses, and earplugs ???

Why not?? I should have taken a picture of myself after i put the pan on. I had FIPG from my hands up to my shoulders and all over my face.

Let's see a pic of the new bench seat (if you have a pic yet) . The oil pan and driveshaft look sweet!

Last edited:
Here is the rear seat. Bestop trailmax II 42". Its not mounted yet because I am still waiting on some bushings from bestop. It sets in there great it just bairly touches on both sides.
IMG-20120406-00090.jpg
IMG-20120406-00087.jpg
IMG-20120406-00088.jpg

SWEET ASS!!! What kind of seat belts are you gonna use?

not sure yet. I still have to get some

Looks great love it ... I have the same seat and beams seat belts work great with my two car seats

Looks great love it ... I have the same seat and beams seat belts work great with my two car seats

You have any pics with the car seats in?

And yes I know I should remove the side seats just havnt done it yet :lol:

Sent from outer space via my mind

I finally mounted the rear seat tonight. I climbed in the back and It sets pretty good. I'm 6'5" and I have my front seats moved back for leg room and there was still plenty of room for me.

Had a little spare time today and dropped a arb in the front 3rd member. Might get to put it in tomorrow or this weekend.
IMG-20120426-00113.jpg

Mwalls, is the rear driveshaft a custom order? Who from?

At some point, can you show the floor pan work you had to do to the tub to make the toybox fit?

Thanks, Dan

Hey Dan I ordered it from tom woods. It saves the trouble of calling around for a shop to make a flange for a lc. I will try and get a pic of the floor board tonight or tomorrow. You thinking about adding a toybox?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom