Sta super lug 36x10.5x16 bias ply tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.clarionbicycle.com
I've been looking for tall skinnies for my soa fj60 for awhile, currently running 315/75/16 km2. The only thing I can find taller and skinnier other than super swamper is the sta super lug. There also doesn't seem to be much info on them online, I've searched everywhere. Would these be awful on a rig that sees a lot of pavement? I'm typically driving hours to get to spots to get off pavement, and am hoping to do some more serious longer road trips. I think I would ideally want a tall skinny aggressive at. Something between at and mt. But there just aren't options.

Has anyone run these? Are the louder than km2s. How long do they last? Are they durable? Do bias ply tires suck?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427156415.968928.jpg

Lots of ppl will tell you bias ply sucks but I won't be one of them. I've used 7.50R16 bias in a Goodyear workhorse before on my 60 and they were great. These probably won't last as long as a radial either. They will be the bees knees off road, but they'll be a little rougher getting to the trailhead on the road. What's the rig they are going on?

They would probably be pitiful getting to the trail.

Bias ply tires and the cold north will make at least the first 5 miles of each trip into something that your grandparents remember. In all fairness, yes, maybe your parents can remember, too. Mine can. Look up "flat spotting". Thumpity thump thump.

@Shebamacalla

Look up Michelin xl or xzl tires

They commonly come in 900r16 and 1100r16... Sometimes you can find them new or military takeoffs... Place in Canada has used ( www.militarytires.com)

Being radial is a big plus... Minus is side wall is industructable meaning not too much flex to them unless aired way down

Sounds like the same info I've read other places. Bias ply suck on pavement. Those Michelin tires just seem too rare and are probably super heavy and would kill my already horrible mpg.

Those Michelins aren't as rare as you think. They're probably 1000 times better than bias ply for daily use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom