spy shots of classic Toyotas (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have always had my eye out for a sweet 45 series. Ive hear rumors that it is a tight fit for tall people and after talking to Centralworks who has that ultrasweet 45 he just got, he mentioned the same thing due to the limited cab size. He is about 6 foot and says its ok but any taller might be a little cramped for legroom. So...thats taken it out of the equation for me at this point. Probably a good thing anyway :rolleyes:

Murf, you are very kind but I am 5'10" and have short legs (and the FJ45 is tight). I mentioned the seat used in mine and how thick it is. You could certainly use another seat and get roughly 2" down and back. And with a tilt column and wheel options make a little more room. Dont cross of a 45 from your wish list just yet. Can you put me in touch with SPitts? I would like to see if he would consider parting with his Stockton Wheels.
20150529_153331_resized.jpg

I agree the cab in a 45 pickup is not the best but most aftermarket seats eat some of the little room it has. As time finally gets closer to where I will have some time I have to decide which route I will be going. Currently have four different options for the seats. Three of them effect the driver's seat. Curious Murf have you ever sat in a stock FJ45 pickup? Other then the monster steering wheel the seat is about as good as it will get as far as room not comfort. This picture using the door opening you can reference the differences between the aftermarket seat and the stock seat in my 65.
fj45 truck trailer spare 006.JPG

No I havent sat in a 45 and your OE seat looks like there is some more room.

1983 mini. I like the front license plate ...
1983.jpg

Hanks FJ55 in the background

Speaking of old trucks. Here is one I saw I while ago. The guy flagged me down because my truck at the time had a Hilux emblem I picked up in Japan. He was excited to talk to another owner, but I had to let him down easy that my truck was a lie.
Basically, this Hilux-surf was a rust bucket he'd poured money into to keep it running and he needed to sell it or his wife would divorce him.

daaaaaaam! this is one of the sweetest FJ45's I've ever seen! Its the new ride of our own Russ G.

The first mod which I think will be the definite icing on the cake is getting Stockton wheel to make him some 15x10 OE looking steelies with factory classic Toyota hubcaps. :clap:

0311161418.jpg
0311161418a.jpg
0311161418b.jpg

daaaaaaam! this is one of the sweetest FJ45's I've ever seen! Its the new ride of our own Russ G.

The first mod which I think will be the definite icing on the cake is getting Stockton wheel to make him some 15x10 OE looking steelies with factory classic Toyota hubcaps. :clap:

View attachment 1223443 View attachment 1223444 View attachment 1223445

Nice. Saw this on Ed's facebook post. Those steelies will look nice. Unfortunate about the Jeep fenders... Still a nice rig.

AZ plates? Nice BTW love the RHD

Believe the one that got wrecked in 11/04 was from Washington state as well. That was a little cleaner with a Factory PTO winch with almost no rust. For a leaf spring vehicle they had a much nicer ride then the 40/42 short wheel base.

Absolutely gorgeous 1981 FJ40 we just got done mechanically restoring/lift/etc belonging to Eric O. in the hard to find OE white.

0503161051a.jpg
0503161051b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom