spy shots of classic Toyotas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does this count as "classic"?

I seen that down by Speedway and I-10... I thought to myself....even that is cooler than anything built by Toyota today:popcorn:

Today at the U of A homecoming parade.

image-1059224644.jpg

image-418217567.jpg

New Corolla (Sport model even has paddle shifters on the st wheel!

fortuitously, I got a rental with pedal shifters at the steering wheel back in July - too bad the CEL lit up 2 hours later, so I promptly returned it to Hertz :meh:

it sold me on the hand-controlled dealios so I could get around with my surgerized foot :hillbilly:

Look who I passed today on the 10 w/b

image-3281136782.jpg

A nice (rare) 1983 FJ40 was towed in today. factory A/C, Power steering.

Nice project!

One unique item is this Help light that plugs into an outlet in the inside of the glovebox. Comes in its own original Teq bag :cool:

1205131222[1].jpg

1205131236[1].jpg

1205131235[1].jpg

Nice 40 Murf, so is it for sale?

As for the work light those were standard going back to the FJ25s. Last time I check you could still buy them. The plug is the same as a 115 volt outlet so could add one to your 80 series.

A nice (rare) 1983 FJ40 was towed in today. factory A/C, Power steering.

Nice project!

One unique item is this Help light that plugs into an outlet in the inside of the glovebox. Comes in its own original Teq bag :cool:

Your 40 has the outlet also and the help light is still available from your local Toyota dealership.

Pictured is another 83 FJ40 with all the factory options including factory fog light and full float rear end with urber low miles

IMG_5577.jpg

What started all of this for me in '84, except the one I loved was blue.

Very cool. For sale?

No, the guy bought it about 8 months ago and having us go through it.

Your 40 has the outlet also and the help light is still available from your local Toyota dealership.

Pictured is another 83 FJ40 with all the factory options including factory fog light and full float rear end with urber low miles

That one even has the vent windows in the side doors. Fog lights are easy. SOR sells them as aftermarket but I believe that are the same as Toyota used. There should be two and use the holes outside the frame rails. I have a few sets. The bracket for the fog light is harder to get. Toyota only had the fog light when I bought my first set. SOR includes them. The bulb is a odd one. FF is interesting. Seen a few 83s that were imported with the vent windows but none with the FF rear axle. This one also doesn't have rear fender flares. Maybe one day I will come across one of these at price I can afford.

Murf if you need a part number for the light try this one. 81401-35010. That is out of the FJ25 parts manual with the updated ten digit part number. Should supersede to a new number I'm guessing but other than small chances the lights were all the same.

Last edited:
That one even has the vent windows in the side doors. Fog lights are easy. SOR sells them as aftermarket but I believe that are the same as Toyota used. There should be two and use the holes outside the frame rails. I have a few sets. The bracket for the fog light is harder to get. Toyota only had the fog light when I bought my first set. SOR includes them. The bulb is a odd one. FF is interesting. Seen a few 83s that were imported with the vent windows but none with the FF rear axle. Add a set of cable lockers and your set.

Only the tip of the iceberg with this owner, if its ultra rare he has 2. Dual lights on the FJ43?? in the back ground.

IMG_5574.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom