spy shots of classic Toyotas (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, its the same one ~ He bought it and drove it straight here to have us go through. Hopefully Ive convinced him to go on the upcoming ROTM and even join CSC.

Cool thread murf

Claire, my Toyota-hip rental manager went on her annual trek to ToyotaFest in California and snapped these pics. A original 45, an original paint 60 series and the last is a right hand drive 70 version from Spain.

yes, she likes angled "action shots" ...

FJ40.jpg
FJ60.jpg
SPANISH LC.jpg

I agree with @Living in the Past. Some parts say it is later than the earlier parts, like hub caps, makes me wonder about originality. Still looks cool

Those are the correct hub caps for Land Cruisers in the US market until early 69 (3/69?). Lately they have been reproduced but it's more common to find the later style cap which can still be bought new from Toyota cheap. I wasn't knocking the 45 just mentioning what I noticed. My 45 had the engine replaced by the PO to a early 2F. Figure that gave me the green light to update it. Part of that update is a 78 FJ40 cowl, hood, windshield and doors. Wheels I'm unsure of but with all the other updates probably wouldn't go with early hub caps.

:cheers:

Did the 69 45's have a cowel vent or just the big vent below the windshield. I know my 69 40 series had the vent in the cowel.

The 45 followed the 40 series as far as I know. Mid 65 went from the windshield to the center of the cowl. 66 and 67 still used the two wiper motors and latch to hold it up like the 64/65 models. The rest of the windshield was the same as the 68-74 models. Shortly before the vent in the windshield went away the factory heater started and models with the optional factory heater had a outside air intake with a bolt on grill on the side of the cowl with the heater blower. 66 the heater was standard on FJ40s imported to the US. That was the same with the 45 in 66 and 67 as far as I know. 72 model the grill was now stamped in and on both sides. 74 model the heater changed with a vent on the top and vent in the center of the cowl was welded shut but retained the drains thru the firewall in 74. 75 and 76 models the drain went thru the transmission cover. 77 model the vent was completely gone on heater models (all in the US). Other markets with non heater models continued to have a working vent. Seen late model tubs from non heater markets and even those with just a inspection cover still had drain holes in transmission tunnel.

Loaded down for a road trip. This guy had so much stuff in this classic rig that it was leaning on him and he could not sit up!

IMG_2825.JPG

Theater of the mind... Saw a nice 70s Corona wagon yesterday. Looked a lot like this one. Driven by an older dude looked like he'd bought it new. Very nice condition probably a classic...

bd3aae2f4dbb97db6d33ff13b0a1ffa4.jpg

Still miss my '72 240. Came from ABC Datsun for those that were here then and remember. That is one sale I really regret.

My son spotted this in Kiev (Probably not triple locked... not sure I'll try to import it??)
IMG_3027.JPG.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom