Spring spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not yet but i will

I am running the Man-a-fre 30mm over a set of OME 861/862 and have no problems at all. If i was starting from scratch i would probably just buy longer springs. But since i had the 861/862 i figured adding spacers was cheaper and still OK.

I'm also using 30mm spacers from man-a-fre all the way around on stock height OMEs. Work great.

i had spacers with j springs. once i went with custom length shocks the spacers kept popping out of location...so ditched spacers and went with all spring! 4" comp springs...even these get kinda loose but dont move around.

I am really liking the Man-a-Fre ones.

I too have 30mm spacers that I need to install on my stock ome height set up. How long does that take?

Those pads are from Whiteline. They make poly bushings for everything down under. I installed their bushings on my radius arms. Great products IMO.

I too have 30mm spacers that I need to install on my stock ome height set up. How long does that take?

It's pretty quick (for the front only). Under two hours if you take your time. I was able to do one side at a time.
  • Jack the car.
  • Remove tire, disconnect brake line supports and sway bar bolts.
  • Remove top shock nut.
  • Use a bottle jack to help push the axle down.
  • Pull spring out.
  • Lube with silicone spray and insert spacer.
  • Insert spring.
Repeat other side and reinstall all the bolts....Done

No I did not. Just springs and spacers while running 295 75 16 tires. That gave me 2.25ish inch lift. Really like it and think it is the perfect setup for me. No new gears or bushings.

I just did 30mm man a fre all around on stock springs to sneak in my 315/75r16 until I get my lift. One thing I did to help was the spacers are tight going up in so I took block of wood and hammer and kept going around hitting spacer to help seat it.

No I did not. Just springs and spacers while running 295 75 16 tires. That gave me 2.25ish inch lift. Really like it and think it is the perfect setup for me. No new gears or bushings.
So what's your caster @? I bet you could use some caster correction.

Have no idea. I may need some but I haven't had any trouble with anything. Rides very well.

I thought when you lift it 2" or more, you need some correction.
You almost always do. By no means is it not drivable but it's much nicer when it's in spec. I did my caster correction about 2 weeks after I did my OME lift. It was ok before correction but could definitely tell a difference afterwards. I have the pre/post caster readings listed in a thread on here somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom