Spokane Picture Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back into the fold...

Not much activity around here, but I figured I'd throw the new rig up... always up to talk cruisers, camping, or just about anything else, so feel free to swing by if you see me around town!

The :princess: and I have decided not to go this long without a cruiser ever again :cool:

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

Looks good Mike.

Mean Green

Here's my Green 78 after I painted it and before. Have added a MAF tire carrier See you around!

BTW.... still looking for a t-case off a 3-spd :)

Steve
That red 40 in the second pic is the direction I'm going with my 1974. That looks like a sweet rig

I'm not sure who owns this 40, but I saw it at Lowe's a while back and snapped these pics. Forgot I had until I came across them earlier today. Pretty sure I haven't posted them here yet.

2012-04-20_13-22-05_436.jpg

2012-04-20_13-22-42_798.jpg

Figured I would share... finally got the bed on my ute build. If you see an 80 series converted to a pickup, it's me!

IMG_4865.JPG
IMG_4866.JPG

No Cruiser content, but I saw this '54 Mercury Monterey at the O'reiley on Sprague last weekend. One of only 7 in the US with the Continental kit on the back. Absolutely beautiful and the lines were laser straight.

Mercury01.jpg

Mercury02.jpg

Looks great! I don't believe your cowl is a 78, no stamped louvers on the driver's side (sorry not that it matters) Do you have more pics, before and after? What color green?

Yeah not sure what happened to the cowl. I believe it was in a minor accident at some point so maybe the panel was replaced without the vent. Coniston green.

Last edited:
Been a Mudder for a long time. Never realized that Spokane had it's own page until now. Doesn't look like its very active so thought I'd throw a pic or two up.

This picture was taken in September, 2022, when we were driving the IDBDR. At a very small USFS campsite east of Elk City, ID. My little trailer was the perfect size for this route. A Friend had a 3/4 ton GMC and a 490 Conqueror trailer - not ideal! Lots of shelf roads, switch backs, single lanes, etc. We didn't do Lolo Motorway due to maintenance work. Best camping spot by far was Trinity Lakes north of Glenns Ferry.
1670074121625.png

Typical scenery in southern half of IDBDR. Single lane shelf road with few if any turn offs, passing spots, etc. Scenery is spectacular and pretty much had the drive to ourselves except for a few ADVers.

1670074795909.png

In the fall of 2021 we did the Heart of the West Loop. Spent 10 days and only covered 1,400 miles of it before the snow drove us out of the high country. Want to go back and finish the other half some time. This pic was taken west of Flaming Gorge.

1670075326025.png

Been a Mudder for a long time. Never realized that Spokane had it's own page until now. Doesn't look like its very active so thought I'd throw a pic or two up.

This picture was taken in September, 2022, when we were driving the IDBDR. At a very small USFS campsite east of Elk City, ID. My little trailer was the perfect size for this route. A Friend had a 3/4 ton GMC and a 490 Conqueror trailer - not ideal! Lots of shelf roads, switch backs, single lanes, etc. We didn't do Lolo Motorway due to maintenance work. Best camping spot by far was Trinity Lakes north of Glenns Ferry.
View attachment 3184256

Typical scenery in southern half of IDBDR. Single lane shelf road with few if any turn offs, passing spots, etc. Scenery is spectacular and pretty much had the drive to ourselves except for a few ADVers.

View attachment 3184262

In the fall of 2021 we did the Heart of the West Loop. Spent 10 days and only covered 1,400 miles of it before the snow drove us out of the high country. Want to go back and finish the other half some time. This pic was taken west of Flaming Gorge.

View attachment 3184266
Looks like a nice trip. I have have been Wrenching and banging away on my 91 lj78 for about 3 years now trying to get it
road worthy enough to trust it on a major XC trip. It looks now to be good to go. Ill be looking for some other TLCs to get out with this spring. I live up near Northport Wa.

20F6A982-8FE8-4ADF-A77D-A748C4870984.jpeg

Hey Mouser,

The ADVers have created something they call the Northern Route. It goes from Bellingham, WA, over to around Eureka, MT, just south of the border. I'd like to do that some time.

Dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom