Split Case Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bama4door

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I'm in the middle of doing an H42 swap in my FJ62. My plan is to use the stock 62 case and mount it to the H42. I've removed the split case from the auto and have a Terrain Tamer rebuild kit sitting aside to rebuild the split case along with the longer bolts needed.

Does anyone have any experience doing a rebuild on one of these? If anyone would like to help me out one weekend, I would really appreciate it (and offer refreshments of your choice)!

I have only helped with one, we used the Toyota manual and it was perty straight forward.
Where did you get the terrain tamer kit?

We import and distribute Terrain Tamer bearing kits (and other lines). @beno can hook you up :)

Check out the Terrain Tamer website - lots of great content and online product listings. If Terrain Tamer has it, we can provide.

Bearing Catalogue

upload_2016-9-19_17-49-14.png

Not a lot of interest on this...

I'm going to attempt to put it together this weekend. If anyone wants to come over and drink beer, point and laugh or just talk cruisers let me know. Saturday or Sunday is good with me.

I have only helped with one, we used the Toyota manual and it was perty straight forward.
Where did you get the terrain tamer kit?
@DSLTOY I got my TT kit from Georg @ Valley Hybrids @orangefj45 awesome customer service and super fast shipping!

Sorry Cole, don't know anything about them.

I'm gonna have a house full of women this weekend with my better halfs mom and aunt in town. I've been thru a few t-cases, but never an h42, but I'm willing to help take it apart and fumble thru putting it back together.

Text me your address and we can figure something out. 731-six nine seven-3290

I'd highly recommend having the FSM on hand. Or having somebody present who's rebuilt one of these cases before.
If you run into any trouble, feel free to text me. I should be around this weekend.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Cell Phone (650) 576-2023

I'd highly recommend having the FSM on hand. Or having somebody present who's rebuilt one of these cases before.
If you run into any trouble, feel free to text me. I should be around this weekend.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Cell Phone (650) 576-2023

Now that customer service

I'm gonna have a house full of women this weekend with my better halfs mom and aunt in town. I've been thru a few t-cases, but never an h42, but I'm willing to help take it apart and fumble thru putting it back together.

Text me your address and we can figure something out. 731-six nine seven-3290
Thanks for the offer Matthew! I'll text you later in the week and if you have time we can figure something out. We shouldn't have to fool with the internals of the H42, just bolt the split case onto it.

Hahaha, sorry about that @Bama4door I meant the split case. Yeah, just text me later and we can figure something out.

Matthew and I got the split case rebuilt and mounted up to the H42 this weekend, can't thank him enough for lending a hand! @jynx

Got the trans/split case mounted up to the bellhousing, clutch fork and TOB installed, shifters and boots mounted and carpet put back together. I need to figure out something to cover the old hole where the auto shifter was.

Left to do:
-Crossmember and trans mount
-Driveshafts
-Shorten tcase shift lever
-Mount slave and hook up clutch line/bleed master
-Bypass Neutral Safety Switch
-Hook up starter
-Exhaust/o2 sensors
-Drive dat bitch...

Looks good! And thanks for the tranny!
Thanks! And no problem, I was digging through my stuff downstairs and forgot to give you the dipstick and transmission skid plate. Well have to meet up in the next few weeks and I'll give them to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom