Southern Comforts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't done this in a while, one of my favorites to do with the left over tri-tip.

101_1542.jpg

101_1543.jpg

I'll add a Paula Dean quiche recipe I adulterated a little. . Got no pics. It looks like a pie

• 6 large eggs, beaten
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
  • 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (I use thick cut bacon, apple smoked, maybe a bit more than 1 lb)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (I used aged sharp cheddar and/or pepperjack)
  • 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.

Been busy this morning making tamales..

Traditional Pork and a few Spinach and 'shroom for the wife. Shredded pork with a homemade Ancho and Pasilla pepper sauce.

Been awhile since I had a good tamale, so I decided to make my own.. Made a tomatillo verde salsa as well.

J

P1000854.JPG
P1000857.JPG
P1000859.JPG
P1000860.JPG
P1000861.JPG

Love tamales...when they're done right...like you if I want a good one I have to make my own...your's look gr8 J!

Love tamales...when they're done right...like you if I want a good one I have to make my own...your's look gr8 J!

Indeed!.. Next time I plan on making a few desert tamales as well.. Raisin, walnut and cinnamon.. Then one of my other tamale favorites, green chiles and queso de Oaxaca cheese (similar to mozzarella).

J

A number of years ago I had a couple Pintail wild ducks I shot from the rice fields near Yuba City CA, ("Sprig" out here in the west ;)). Wild duck (goose too) separate wild game eaters from the chafe :D; even for the creme de la creme of wild duck: Rice fed Sprig. So I was always looking for ways to make the flavor more palatable for folks not totally "one" with wild duck flavor (namely wives/SOs ;)) including savory tamales. Long story short...they all had a second tamale :D.

Mark Miller's Coyote Cafe cookbook (from his then renowned Santa Fe restaurant of the same name) has been my haute mex guiding light...including his duck tamale recipe. He's the man!

Been meaning to put this up. Battered, fried pork chops, mashed taters/milk gravy, sweet corn.
pork chops 001.JPG

^^^ How much do you weigh? Sorry, but I am gaining weight just looking at these pictures!

^^^ How much do you weigh? Sorry, but I am gaining weight just looking at these pictures!

I'm, 6'3" 245# plus or minus a couple... Run the mile in 7:30 +/- 20 sec... lift sheet and tube metal for 6-8 hours a day and WILL Fxxx YOU UP!!!

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom