Southern California off-roading (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to the area and was looking to try my stock 80 out on some southern Cali trails. Was thinking red rock/ last chance. Any other recommendations near the antelope valley, anyone going out any time over the holidays? Just bought a trail book on Amazon that I will look into as well. Thanks for the help.

Spent last weekend exploring some of the trails east of Temecula in Aguanga. High point Truck Trail.
IMG_7309.PNG
IMG_7310.PNG

I'm going to do Calico doran/Odessa this Saturday. It's near Barstow. I've seen it done with a close to stock 80 with armor and lockers. There is potential for body damage. You should look it up on the web, if you want to join us send me a pm.

I'm not known for making wise human body decisions. Today I worked on my other car which a regular size sedan, so I had to bend over for a couple of hours. I walk like a zombie now. Sabotaging myself is my favorite pastime.

The trail has deteriorated quite a bit since I was last one it. I'm on a 6 inch lift with 37's and lockers. I made it through with no problems, however, the other 2 guys that came with me both had newer Jeep Wrangler 4 doors on 35s with lockers and I had to strap one of them once. The other one got a flat after slicing open his valve stem on a rock. One also ended up getting a fair amount of rash on his rear passenger fender flare. Everyone's Sliders took a beating. Definitely wouldn't recommend the trail without armor and a good driver is a must if you have less than 35's.

Hopefully they got some video or pictures. I was too busy spotting them through to get any.

On a side note a hotshot jeep Cherokee tried an obstacle with too much gusto and destroyed his power steering lines, spilling power steering fluid all over the place.

Overall a fun day. If anyone wants to go in the future I'd love to go back with some 80's, just beware body damage is certainly a possibility through the narrow sections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom