some h55f and split case tech (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somebody just posted nice side by side pics in another thread....

Here they are, courtesy of Toyoland & Lostmarbles:
topplatestoyoland66a-jpg.1049346

topplatestoyoland66b-jpg.1049345

I thought Georg had a 40-series H55 top cover...those are the 4 speed tops right?

I do have 40 series 5spd here and we're working on getting these top covers reproduced if we can do it cost effectively.
3D printing is amazing technology .....

Standard 60 series H55F trans

20150324_174145.jpeg

if it is to be done in metal, then it will be more stereo lithography than 3d printing. Georg, there was a guy in Chat who bragged about having a 3d scanner; not that you needed any help...

One go my very good customers just purchased the equipment that can handle the job. But we still need to figure out how to handle the differences in the shift rails.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

I do have 40 series 5spd here and we're working on getting these top covers reproduced if we can do it cost effectively.
3D printing is amazing technology .....

Standard 60 series H55F trans

View attachment 1050616

That would be amazing Georg - interested!

It's going to take a little "doin". First we need to finish three other projects that we started way before this:
FJ60 sag pump conversion bracket
Fj40/45 1HZ/HDT/HDFT/HDFTE engine mounts
Narrowed FJ60/62 rear housing for 40-series
But they're all in the works. I wish I had 2 days a week to set aside for R&D time but these perky customers keep bringing in cruisers for us to work on ........

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

georg needs to 3d print another georg...
you gunna work on a 62 sag pump bracket when all the rest of it is done? If so, sign me up;)

I am prolly the biggest arseole I know- it would be a tough relationship...more than a few black eyes, I'm sure.

you gunna work on a 62 sag pump bracket when all the rest of it is done? If so, sign me up;)
The 62 uses the much better 84-newer minitruck PS pump, not the craptabulous FJ40/60 PS pump, FWIW. I wish there was an adjustable bracket to install 62 pump on 2F. Then it could stay w/ stock metric hose and 17mm belt, but dramatically increased durability.

Yup, the 62 pumps don't give any trouble. I think that's got a lot to do with them being moved away from the exhaust manifold as well.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

The 62 uses the much better 84-newer minitruck PS pump, not the craptabulous FJ40/60 PS pump, FWIW. I wish there was an adjustable bracket to install 62 pump on 2F. Then it could stay w/ stock metric hose and 17mm belt, but dramatically increased durability.

so a mini truck pump fits the fj62 bracket? that's solid gold, right there...

I've contemplated cloning myself ....... but I probably wouldn't listen to myself.

Lol

Well, that cloned product would sell like discontinued cruiserparts!
Where do I place my bid? And how much food (read beer) does the clone need to work in my shed 24/7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom