So, who's up for a fall colors run to Harlan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It was brought up in another thread, and its something I wanna do.
This is a bit odd for us to plan so many wheelin trips so far in advance. But who's up for it & when?
I'll prolly have limited days I can go but since I'll wanna do a 4 or 5 day thing, thought I'd throw it out now & see who might wanna do it with me.
You know, run it up the flag pole, see if it flies.
Toss it in the water, see if it floats.
Put it in the oven, see if it bakes.
Lock it in low, see if it crawls.
Drop it on the floor, see if it bounces.

As far as I'm concerned it sticks, bounces,crawls, bakes, floats, and flies. Looked at work today and October would be rough for me, September would be better. Nov. I don't know. For me either way it might be even better if I can make it a Sat. thru Tues. or Wed. Don't set this in stone just something to think about, and see how it works everyone.

Missed the Easter run so would LOVE to make a trip down there this year. Also need to see when their fall crawl is to avoid the crowds.

Do not let the fall crawl event scare you away. There really aren't any crowds out on the trail, maybe a line for the rock garden but other than that its hard to find people. You may have to reserve a camp site in advance. I have been down to fall crawl and I didn't mind it, you get to see some interesting rigs in action. s*** the parks almost 2000 achers and is doubling in size this summer.

I'll have to see how many vacation days I have left and the taco may be getting chopped up right around that time.

I'm in!

Mark, we can try our best to do what works for you. I need to ask soon so if I get denied I can try again. A weekend thru Tuesday or Wednesday would be fine with me.
I prolly can't do November cause that's a big sales month.

OK working tomorrow, so I will try to get a few possible weekends and post them up to see how it works for everyone else.

OK best possible for me is Sept.18,19,20,21,22 that is Friday- Tues. Weekends in Sept. of 12th or 26 could be possible, may have to work each Sat. but could drive down after work on Sat. and stay till tues or wed.

October weekends of the 3rd or 24th may also work, same deal may work Sat. and drive down after work.

If these don't work plan one that does and I may be able to switch to nights for the week and make it work out some way. People on nights don't have as much vacation time so more open days.

Anyone else have restrictions or preferred dates before I put in for the time off?

not I

Just checked the dates and i have unbreakable plans that weekend. sucks.

annual actually

I put in for the dates Mark posted but haven't heard anything yet.

OK! I got the 18th to the 22nd off!
I have to work 10 days straight to make this work but it'll be worth it!

Cool, who else is in?

me

If the kids sports calender is open for those 5 days then im in, wont know until beginning of school year.

Damn you. That is my annual silver lake trip. Why must you make me choose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom