so u think u can garden!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I planted 1 basil plant and a sunflower from my son's school project.

I am the uber gardener!!!

I still have sage, thyme, oregano, parsley, and cilantro from last year sprouting up!

do rock gardens count? 45 ton of stone in 45 days :bounce:
Up next is 3600 sf patio in NY but taking deposits for July's victim :)

Raleigh voyeur room with requisite bj bench :) plants are installed now for privacy
dunlapatio013.jpg

Wake Forest stone terraces and planting; bottom to top shots
IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

and view from the front door/porch
IMG_5623.jpg

Concrete's new pad
before:
IMG_5657.jpg

After:
IMG_5715.jpg

IMG_5709.jpg

Result: Finally a spot worthy of parking a fleet of cruisers
IMG_5717.jpg

"do rock gardens count? 45 ton of stone in 45 days"

Yeah Jason, I reckon that counts enough to shut down the thread. Pros trump hoes.

Sqash, peppers and strawberries coming in.

ForumRunner_20120502_085207.jpg

ForumRunner_20120502_085238.jpg

ForumRunner_20120502_085317.jpg

Do homegrown carrots get any bigger than this or should I harvest now?

ForumRunner_20120503_093017.jpg

Finally got my other trees planted. trying to get the wireless dog fence in the ground now nad then hope to get a few plants of veggies.

I bought a granny smith apple tree and it looks like it has Cedar Apple Rust, from reading it looks like I will just have to spray it every year to prevent it. However, GS are not supposed to be affected by CAR, so maybe I got another kind of apple that was miss tagged? I thought about calling Clemson Ext?

Finally, after frost, tiller carb problems, and rain, we were able to get 19 tomato plants in the ground! :clap: We planted: parks whoppers, beefsteak, sweet 100's, black cherry, supersonic, celebrity, and pink girl. We've never tried the last four and couldn't find our favorite, mr. stripey's. Gonna try and get the squash, peppers, cucumbers, and green beans in the ground this evening. Maybe sometime in July we can have our first mater sandwich! :cheers:

Lydia's garden1.jpg

Lydia's garden.jpg

Thanks Marshall!
Come August, when I'm sick of having to pick green beans every other day in the heat, I'm gonna wish it was your garden! But then again, I will just drink lots and lots of :beer:

Looks good I've grown celebrity before but do not remember how they did.

All my fruit trees are good except the new peach has me worried. All I know to do is keep it watered but not swamped.

I need to hire a gardener...

GS are not supposed to be affected by CAR

We have two Granny Smith apple trees that have grown so big that they shade the garden; and they get Cedar Apple Rust! Also, we had a problem with the worms that are in cocoons in the tree. They will strip the leaves off your apple trees. The :princess: read somewhere "ashes in the orchard" and has kept the worms at bay by surrounding the trunk with the ashes from the Hardy stove. You might want to try that!

We did find 2 Mr. Stripeys and have them, squash, and peppers in the ground. Too wet to plant the cukes and green beans but soon!

alk747triodad said:
We have two Granny Smith apple trees that have grown so big that they shade the garden; and they get Cedar Apple Rust! Also, we had a problem with the worms that are in cocoons in the tree. They will strip the leaves off your apple trees. The :princess: read somewhere "ashes in the orchard" and has kept the worms at bay by surrounding the trunk with the ashes from the Hardy stove. You might want to try that!

We did find 2 Mr. Stripeys and have them, squash, and peppers in the ground. Too wet to plant the cukes and green beans but soon!

Yeah over the last 3 years I've lost both my apple trees to butt rot..the first one was slowly dying mostly from being overshadowed and I was able to push it over with my hands, but the other which just fell over 2 weeks ago was healthy last year and even got apples off it...and then after one of the storms I came outside to see it had been blown over, broke right at ground level, rotten to the core

You know you are a redneck when....

The :princess:wants to use this broken frame to let the cherry tomatoes climb up. We are gonna see if the maters will hang down from the top for easy pickins. I'm guessing this will end up collapsed from the weight or a bad storm, but what the heck.

The wooden saw horses will be moved to the green bean row, then our redneck garden will be complete! :cheers:

Lydia's Garden 2012 018.jpg

Taking the topsy tervy to the next level...

Finally got around to uploading a few pictures from the last few months:

bringing the trees home 2 Tulip, 2 Pear, 2 plumb, 2 blueberry, 1 apple, and 1 peach.
IMG_1638.jpg

Rear bumper for the 4runner is good for something other than yard art.
IMG_1644.jpg

Planting with a little help. ;)
IMG_1648.jpg

Few lilies blooming:
IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

I'll try to get some current ones up soon.

Garden is doing really well this year...

ForumRunner_20120608_081734.jpg

ForumRunner_20120608_081802.jpg

ForumRunner_20120608_081839.jpg

ForumRunner_20120608_081908.jpg

ForumRunner_20120608_081936.jpg

Cukes and peppers coming in

ForumRunner_20120619_093931.jpg

ForumRunner_20120619_093959.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom