so u think u can garden!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice... she looks determined to ring the neck of that zuchinni
We ate the first peppers here last night; all squash have been erradicated by them waskiwy wabbits :(

Looking good but still no harvest except the herb garden.
The almost daily thunderstorms have been nice.
Sprite is doing a bang up job of running off the critters.
No loss to deer/gophers/rabbits/ground hogs so far.
(crosses fingers and knocks on wood)
Garden 5.jpg
Garden 6.jpg

i havent had jack squat either. One pepper and some small cherry tomatoes but everything else has blooms but still nothing else.

this is a small greenhouse we bought at a flea market in ga. My wife wants to sell flowers next year. Mainly hebs and potatoe vines. As long as it keeps her out of my hair i could care less.
010.jpg

i would like to build another but plexiglass is super expensive. I honestly wonder if i just built a frame and put clear plastic instead of plexiglass if it would work or if the cold would still kill the plants.

storm windows are cheap!
I got a whole house worth for free from someone who was upgrading.
Just framed in the greenhouse and installed them. 12 x 16 for about $800.
The roof was the expensive part.

Just got a few tomatoes (tommy toes and 2 regular ones) from the plants today. Got 2 cantaloupes doing there thing on the vine right now. One is at least 5" in diameter, but still very green. Soon, I hope.

Looking good but still no harvest except the herb garden.
The almost daily thunderstorms have been nice.
Sprite is doing a bang up job of running off the critters.
No loss to deer/gophers/rabbits/ground hogs so far.
(crosses fingers and knocks on wood)

Nice setup David. Wish I had space. Heck I wish I didn't have neighbors.

I have been picking cucombers and eggplants like crazy, nothing else though. We are going to have alot of watermelons and cantalopes this year, my vines are full, cant wait.

storm windows are cheap!
I got a whole house worth for free from someone who was upgrading.
Just framed in the greenhouse and installed them. 12 x 16 for about $800.
The roof was the expensive part.

we are getting ready to build a 8x16. I got windows for $50 storm and regular. Only the storm will be operable though. Taking friday off so my dad and i can frame it up. What did u use for the roofing? I saw they sell clear plastic roofing but it is spendy.

I got the smoke plastic... It was about $18.00 a sheet (2' x 12') about 13-14 years ago. It was worth it, though. The fiberglass panels I used in the past, I was replacing every 2-3 years. This stuff is still pliable after this long, and still looks good

greenhouse

started the greenhouse today. Under normal circumstances it would have been done today. However it is so hot u can not stand to be outside all day. I need to locate another storm window 64x32 or use something smaller for the right corner. I also have to make my own door. Hope to be finished by the end of the week or so. Getting kinda spendy.:eek:
061.jpg

I used a storm door that I replaced...It's been fine, just the paint flaking off. But, I'm in that business so I get that kind of stuff free.

Mater matter

Heirlooms. Mortgage lifters and Cherokee Purple among others.
Marconi peppers plants are near 5 feet tall.
The Greasy Back beans are fabulous.
Clemson Okra looking good but still to early.
Gourds and Pumpkins getting started.
We'll be digging Taters 'fore long.
:hillbilly:
Tomato.jpg
Tomato 1.jpg
Tomato 2.jpg

ok this thing has been kicking my butt but almost done. Hardi board on the bottom. Gotta make a door and level out the ground inside. Couple more 1x4's and then make the shelves out of pvc pipe.
004.jpg

well i was defeated today. Tried to build door and got wooped. I got so hot both physically and mentally i had to walk away. Might try again tonight. Pretty much know what i did wrong just tired of fighting with it.

reviving this thread for the year... Made hot boxes for the wife last year and we have had lettuce all winter. Also some carrots in the box on the right.

271.jpg

gonna break out the tiller soon as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom