So Kevin, about those windows... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i already love the way your panels and lid are designed and now you go and make some flip out crazy awesome windows? your just too cool kevin. as soon as i have the funds avail. ill be getting in touch with you for the panels lid and the window. great work as always. :cheers:

Windows

I was discussing the fact that you were looking for a local to put in the prototype window install for photo;s etc with Marshall at Trollhole curisers and he voluntered to assist me with the install and shoot some photos and stuff to send to you for instlation instructions. He's not as apt to break an anvil with a rubber ball as I am, just updating hope everything is going well for you way out younder in the wooly wild west :)

Those look AWESOME! Can't wait to ge a set for my cruiser. For the sake of sound insulation I want to retain the solid cargo windows, but until you got these finalized I was still sticking with the Aussie sliders so I could actually have opening cargo windows. I can't wait to get me a set. Praying for a good tax return in the spring :D

Great work Kevin, as always. Hope you stay in the Cruiser market for a good long time.

Sent from OBAMAPHONE!

Thanks Guys. There is a fellow up in Tacoma who contacted me the other day, seems like he might be able to come down next weekend for an install.

If that doesn't work out I will just remove everything from one side of my truck and do a "fake" install so I can show everyone the details. Even with professional help there are a bunch of things that need to be noted and watched out for. It's definitely not a hard project by any means, no special tools required, heck they almost just bolt right in, but there are some things you have to pay attention to.

:cheers:
KR

INstall

Great if he doesn't take it , i'll still take it. If he does just keep me in line and send me a PM, oh never mind about the Pm I'll keep checking when you get ready to send me one on this thread. As always looking good, love Johnny's sig line , think I will add Wagongear addict to mine too!:)

Ok, thanks for the support Doc.

Either way I'll get some instructions together in the next week and then we will start working through those of you who want the windows.
There is not going to be so much demand that there will be a wait list, but I can only make one set at a time, so it will take some working through.

We'll keep everyone posted on progress here.

Saturday

Kevin,
See you on Saturday. Going to look very cool! Can't wait. I agree with others who say it is an addiction!

2nd set with instructions

Yeah I'm ready!!!!!!! but to tell the truth I don;t have a clue of my position in order, but then that doesn't mater Kevin will get it done sooner or later.:)

You know, I don't really have a clue either.
I've got one definitive "I'll take a set" from cruiserpilot, but he is on the road a lot, not sure what time frame would work best. I know you, and I think tatt2matt are in for a set even now that the price has been posted. I've got an email folder here of folks who have expressed interest over the years, but the price has only been known for a week or so now so they are all still up in the air.

It's all pretty open.
jwalker dropped out of the blue to snag this first set, I'll post a new thread with install pics after we get his set situated and then sort out who wants to be next.

Any time your ready just PM me and we will get er done!! Thanks Kevin:)

Out of the sky...

Yah, I have been watching the progress that Kevin has been making and I wanted to either do the aussie sliding windows or Kevins opening windows. While the aussie windows are nice for air circulation when driving, I like the accessibility of the opening windows for camping purposes.
I think a great option would be a screen for night time sleeping in the truck but that can be figured out down the road. For me it really is about a MUD vendor offering a thought out product. I would much rather promote new innovation on our 20+ year old rigs than rehash the same old thing. But that's just my opinion.

Well the day went really well, there is now a second set of flip up windows on their way back to Washington. :p

Install went great, with taking photos and videos and breaking for lunch it took 6 hours, would have taken 4 hours without the documentation, will take you about 8 hours. :p

Going to take the dog for a walk now, but first a couple pretty pics:

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

:cheers:
KR

List?

Is there a list to get on for the WagonGear install? I could probably do early 2013.

Been waiting anxiously for a long time for these. Thanks Kevin, you are a huge asset to us 60 owners.

Cheers,
Prat

:clap:
very nice, even at $1200 it would be a nice addition to a camping rig. the air flow for when sleeping, sweet.
i did a quick read through the thread and i might have missed this ... is there a bug screen that can be incorporated to keep the windows open and buddy black fly out?

Pretty

And functioanl too, can't wait for the video!!! Oh tell the dang truth I can't wait for my own to put in, bet I get the box installed before you get my window''s built and shipped!!!!:):bounce:

Is there a list to get on for the WagonGear install? I could probably do early 2013.
Been waiting anxiously for a long time for these. Thanks Kevin, you are a huge asset to us 60 owners.
Cheers,
Prat
Hey Carson, thanks for the patience man. :p
There's no list, I've got some pretty old emails from you saved in my "flip window file" though so you could make a pretty good case for being first in line. :cool:

I'm not really sure who is next, i guess it's a matter of who steps up with the payment. I've got the next set being laser cut now, will build them this week. I need to get the installation instructions together as well now.

:clap:
very nice, even at $1200 it would be a nice addition to a camping rig. the air flow for when sleeping, sweet.
i did a quick read through the thread and i might have missed this ... is there a bug screen that can be incorporated to keep the windows open and buddy black fly out?

Thanks crushers, it's one of those things that once you forget how expensive it was you can really start to enjoy them. :p We use them dozens of times a day every camping trip and can't imagine getting along without them now.

As for screens, I think I mentioned it in passing a few times, but NO SCREENS. :p

The problem with putting screens on the windows is that if there are bugs, there is usually heat, which means you want as many windows open as you can, that means screens for every window, on top of that, if you are trying to keep bugs out that means you are camping in the truck, so you are going in and out. Every time a door gets opened, the bugs get in.

For comparison, we just have a $6 queen bed sized mosquito net, it's kept in a zip lock back in the back cargo drawer, weighs nothing, is never in the way. The few times we need it, it gets unfurled and attached to the inside roof of the truck. All windows open, lots of venting, no bugs.

With a net it hangs just where you need it and you lift up a corner to get in or out, very few bugs get in that way and the net helps to wipe any bugs off you.

In our case we have that elastic cargo net on the ceiling, so we just keep clothes pins in the mosquito net bag and clip it too that. You could just as easily keep a few magnets in the bag and just stick it to the roof with those when needed.

Much better and much cheaper than screens.
So, no screens. :p

And functional too, can't wait for the video!!! Oh tell the dang truth I can't wait for my own to put in, bet I get the box installed before you get my window''s built and shipped!!!!:):bounce:
Instal went really well, I think even you will be able to manage it Doc.
And you are right on that bet since I'm not sending you any windows until you get the seta box installed anyway. :flipoff2:

You might be able to make a generic magnetic screen work (see http://theskeeterbeater.com/, there are also others out there but these guys also sell bulk mesh screen for DIY), but I think a DIY screen to seal better would be best. It depends on how small/annoying the bugs where you go are. We were above Jarbridge NV a month ago and nothing but a completely sealing screen would have worked.

Maybe a better alternative, but would be a pain to install each time, would be something that you could tuck into the inside cladding. Even better might be to run a continuous strip of velcro around the inside to attach to.. Hmm i might do that one with the sliding windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom