Sneek Peak Orange MPAC 1st Aid STAT bag (rip-away)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hindsight, Jul 18, 2011.

1. hindsight

hindsight Supporting Vendor

UPDATE!!!

Finally! The orange First Aid Rip Away Pouches are in stock!

Orange 1st Aid Pouches

Available in Large ($48.85)

[​IMG]

Or Medium ($37.99)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doc

Opinions wanted!!!

For quite some time now we have been trying to find a manufacturer to make an Orange 1st aid bag that can live up to our standards. The challenge has primarily been finding a MOLLE material in Orange.

Here are the 1st prototypes that have actually seen the light of day.

I would like your opinions and commentary on what you would like to see in such a pouch.

As far as function goes...I think that these are pretty good. I am not too keen on the black webbing on the front as it makes the bag look like a halloween decoration (on the other hand it sure makes it stand out :))

We have mocked up a bag in medium and large size...we will probably only make one at first. Which size would you like to see 1st.

Price: About $40 for the medium and $50 for the large bag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If all goes well, production may be as soon as Jan 1st 2012

Doc
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. Sowbug2000

Sowbug2000

I like the color!

GO VOLS!!

:cheers:
  3. Biscuit

Biscuit My other rigs are on Mars SILVER Star

Those look great. I was considering getting one of the velcro on packs for a FAK/10 essentials kit.

A suggestion, if designed for a FAK having a fold organizer panel like the old Outdoor Research first aid pouches would be excellent. I tend to set up my kits with the large items (tape rolls, bottles, CPR mask, etc) in the deep mesh covered compartment and have bandages, shears, splints, etc in the flat fold out panels.

Add in an organizer panel an those patches will be perfect.

Also how about paramedic blue for the webbing?
  4. Sno bored

Sno bored

I used to work for a first aid kit company years ago, and like Biscut said it would be a good idea to have some type of organizer panel inside. We used to have elastic sewn on the inside to hold things like small ace bandages, small pill containers, ect. there were lots of pockets sewn in to hold band-aids, moist towelettes, iodine wipes.

I think the webbing is overkill, you could still have the same amount of attachment points without as much webbing.

We had the material cut and all of the sewing done locally, that way it is easier to make changes when needed.
  5. hindsight

All good ideas and were considered in the initial planning stages.

Originally, I wanted to do a trifold (similar to what you are describing) but our EMS consultants kaboshed the idea of having a fixed insert....it was their opinion that they would rather have the smaller items on the inside of the bag as it folds open with room in the middle for bulky trauma pads. You may not be able to see it in the pictures but the interior of the small bag is lined with pockets and elastic.

I think that once we get the bags off the ground, I will offer a separate pouch/panel to place in the inside.

The orange webbing problem has been solved...the manufacturer assures me that we have a new proto on the way with orange webbing.:clap:

As a general rule...we try to do everything that we can locally but after spending 18 months of being ignored by American MOLLE companies or being told flat out "NO" we finally found a company in Texas that will help us get this project done. MOLLE is not their primary business but so far they have done pretty well.

You would not think that this would be a difficult project....but we are slowly getting past most of the obstacles.

Doc
  6. hindsight

I am pleased to announce that today we approved the last of many prototypes for an Orange First Aid Pouch (STAT of course). The plan is to release both a large and a medium pouch in this color.
    It will take about 6 months for the order to be delivered but I thought that you would like to see what is coming soon.

Price will be about $50.00 MSRP for the large First Aid Pouch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doc
  7. hindsight

Finally! The orange First Aid Rip Away Pouches are in stock!

Orange 1st Aid Pouches

Available in Large ($48.85)

[​IMG]

Or Medium ($37.99)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doc