Snap-On torque wrench recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just rebuilding the front knuckles on my 80. Need to replace my "borrowed" torque wrench that
never made it back to my toolbox.

For jobs like this I'm thinking a 20-250 ft/lb click type would be best? If I had to get a torque wrench from Snap-On which one would you guys recommend?

Thanks

That range is fine and will cover most of what you need . Consider other brands that are just as good , if not better than the tool truck guys - those premium prices you are essentially buying the truck and financing the truck's owner . It has it's benefits , but in the long run your investment cost is a lot higher .
Sarge

I have two snap on digital torque wrenchs and love them...but for the price I had better.

CDI makes a similar wrench but is about 150 cheaper than the snapon version. CDI is the industrial tool arm of snapon...or something like that.

Thank you all for the CDI recommendation. I've had my eye on that brand, which I think used to supply snap-on.

Only reason for considering snap-on is my friend is a snap-on dealer. If I ever need to get it calibrated I just drop it off down the street.

Would you all say the click-type would be most convenient for undercarriage work?

I personally prefer the digital, as you get multiple scales and a very difinitive buzz in the handle when specified torque has been teached.

I bought an older 40-250 ftlb fixed head snap-on torque wrench off craiglslist for $125 and paid $50 have it calibrated. That range fits my needs and a +251 ftlb click type wrench costs $100 to calibrate. It personally dislike the flex head, they always seem to move when I don't want them to.

I think I got the same one as Seth but with a flex head and it's more than enough:

(I think the newest flavor of this is model: TQFR250E for the ft-lb model)

776164-500x333.jpg

I bought a Snap-on 50-250ft-lb ½" drive off CL and love it. It covers 95% of my 80 series needs. I also have an old Cman that has done me well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom