Smuggling puppies in my undercarriage! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As soon as the truck starts rolling, I hear dulled and constant squeaking that sounds slightly like yipping puppies coming from the underside of the truck. I can't tell if it's front or rear. It's most audible up to about 10mph and fades as speed picks up. It doesn't sound like idler pulley noise, though i have that too.

I'm thinking it's driveshaft or a ujoint. About 1 month ago, I lubed all the ujoints and driveshafts until grease came out. That was pm, not because it was sqeaking.

Where should I start? ...replace the ujoints?

97 lx450 w/50mm tjm lift and 35" muds.

Do you get any vibrations? Inspect your joint in good light. I recently missed a cracked bearing cap during my routine lube.. Had to change the rear u-joints. Once removed, the one with the cracked cap, was very badly worn.
Any other truck would have been vibrating like a massage chair. GL

If you push your truck from side to side do you get any squeaks, sounds to me like something with suspension.

No squeaks when pushing the truck. It's not correlated to any particular road conditions. Any movement forward causes it. I'm going to more closely inspect the ujoints tomorrow. There is no vibration at all. ..super smooth, like a pink panty lx450 should be. :)

Do you specifically remember greasing the bushing in the spindle? If not it would be my guess.

Interesting. I just completed a knuckle rebuilt and used copious amounta of grease and also replaced the wheel bearings.

Do you specifically remember greasing the bushing in the spindle? If not it would be my guess.
I did and ensured the grooves in the bushings were well filled. Maybe they needed more. That's a pretty simple fix.

Have you at least tried putting dog food under the truck, to see if the puppies just crawl out on their own?

How are you brake pads? could be down to the squealers. Or is the rear ebrake hanging up?

U-joints would be my other guess. Grease the piss out of them and see if it changes.

Pads are all new. No, ebrake is not engaged.

My plan is:

1. Add grease into the spindles.
2. Drive
3. Inspect ujoints very closely and replace problem children
4. Grease driveshafts and ujoints

Was the hub dust seal greased? If dry, have had them make a yelping racket.
I am not sure what part you are referring to. There's only the bushing that inserts into the flange end of the spindle. Referencing the fsm diagram, what part are you referring to?

The seal that goes over the brake backing plate, and contacts the outside of the hub, is held on by the spindle bolts.

The sound stopped last night... Now I'm leaning toward it being brake related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom