slippin tranny? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine tends to do the same thing. Slee refers to it as flaring. According to Cristo and Robbie some trucks develop this problem and do it for 100K with no further problems. Ive messed around with the cables and tightened them to no avail on my rig. Probably gonna have to get an extreme valve body from Rodney or an entire new tranny eventually but I'm gonna run the guts out of this one till then. :mad:

97cruiser said:
Oh I'm no company of his misery. Check the date on my post. Last (2003) grouse season BWAHAHAHAH!!! oh, and ENJOY!

Vince

did you actually check under there already or you are just pretending there is no roof rack? :D

E

E, Yes I checked under there and yes it sucked big time. It is now sanded and painted with the oem touch-up. I used thede lil nuts surrounded with rubber that fit into the hole and when u screw the bolt into them they expand a lil bit, plus a lil silicone. I have the oem nutsert package in my garage but when I removed the original nutserts that were spinning like yours I pulled the nut right through the roof and defprmed the hole on two of them that the new nutserts would not fit properly.

So, one year later everything is holding up great except where the paint has chipped off the small areas where the silicone had oozed out and was in contact with the paint. I should have cleaned up theses small spots a lil bit better. All in all though the removal was a success. My truck was a Seattle truck and 2 of the nutserts and all 4 contact points of the rack were rusted.

Hope this makes u feel better hehe,

Vince

97cruiser said:
E, Yes I checked under there and yes it sucked big time. It is now sanded and painted with the oem touch-up. I used thede lil nuts surrounded with rubber that fit into the hole and when u screw the bolt into them they expand a lil bit, plus a lil silicone. I have the oem nutsert package in my garage but when I removed the original nutserts that were spinning like yours I pulled the nut right through the roof and defprmed the hole on two of them that the new nutserts would not fit properly.

So, one year later everything is holding up great except where the paint has chipped off the small areas where the silicone had oozed out and was in contact with the paint. I should have cleaned up theses small spots a lil bit better. All in all though the removal was a success. My truck was a Seattle truck and 2 of the nutserts and all 4 contact points of the rack were rusted.

Hope this makes u feel better hehe,

Vince

I'm going to with the plastic caps I think. Much lower profile. Almost ready to go.
What's this about the paint chipping off because of Silicone??? I was must about to do that too. I used the OEM touch up paint as well. Not that strong, indeed, seemed to come right off with Acetone in a quick test, but could be cuz it had only cured a couple of hours. So Silicone is bad for the paint?

Did you find rubber wellnuts that fit the holes just right? My holes are 0.281" and I could not find the right wellnut for them, so I'd have to drill all the holes to a bigger size...
E

e9999 said:
Did you find rubber wellnuts that fit the holes just right? My holes are 0.281" and I could not find the right wellnut for them, so I'd have to drill all the holes to a bigger size...
E

E -
Might try these guys...

www.fastenal.com

E, Yes I found wellnuts that fit perfectly. I used Loctite Superflex clear rtv and the paint is still intact over 80% of the area it was in contact with the paint. Not so bad.

Vince

97cruiser said:
E, Yes I found wellnuts that fit perfectly. I used Loctite Superflex clear rtv and the paint is still intact over 80% of the area it was in contact with the paint. Not so bad.

Vince

Vince, what source did you use for the wellnuts?
thx
E

E, I sourced the wellnuts locally(Lewiston, Idaho) at Bitterroot bolt, or bitterroot nut and bolt? Anyways they have all the nuts and bolts u could ever want. Pretty sure they don't have a web page.

Good Luck, Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom