Slickrock Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBCNN 06/17 and 06/18

Trail: Slick Rock - Deer Valley

June 17th and 18th. Meet at Hermit Valley campground on Highway 4 Friday night. Leave time 9:00 AM Saturday morning. Optional Friday night camping at the Hermit Valley Campground.

Description: The plan is to run Slick Rock as an out and back in the morning/early afternoon.
Slickrock is a trail suited for mildly modified rigs, if you can make it past the V crack you should be fine for the rest of the trail.

Date: Saturday, 06/18

Leave Time: 0900 am

Meeting Location: Hermit Valley Campground off Hwy 4
Click here for Directions

Trail Difficulty:Mostly 1-3
Optional camping on Friday.

Duration of Run: Sat. out by early afternoon

Tread Lightly / 146.460

I may be out for camping unless someone else wants to camp. May just see who ever shows at the campground on Saturday. If some of you are coming from the west up 4 on Saturday, we could arrange to meet you at slickrock at 9:30 after a 9:00 leave time from Hermit Valley.

So post up. If anyone wants to run this sweet trail on a beautiful alpine summer day. 80+ in the Valleys 70+ in the mountains.

I will probably join Saturday if I have my spare replaced by then...

Will, let me know if you want to run it and we will do it. If you don't go I probably won't go alone since I will be wheeling the Rubithon next weekend.

Justin, we will look for you and say hi. Coming in Friday night for some camping and bonfire and then out Saturday to beat the masses up Cadillac.

Justin, we will look for you and say hi. Coming in Friday night for some camping and bonfire and then out Saturday to beat the masses up Cadillac.

Cool! I will have a cold one waiting for ya :beer:

How was the run? We are headed out to Eagle Lakes trail on the way home from reno to sacramento after moving into the new house this weekend

Thanks for sharing... wish I could have gone but was fighting a cold.

On the dent to the bumper guard... if you take it off, let it warm up in the sun, it likely can be popped back out from behind. I did this with my FJC bumper "wings" a couple of times. Of course, you'll still have a trail badge (scar) on it.

You did good. The candy stripe on your drive shaft looked kind of deep, did it crease or just scratch the paint? Everything else looks cosmetic.

You did good. The candy stripe on your drive shaft looked kind of deep, did it crease or just scratch the paint? Everything else looks cosmetic.
I still haven't crawled under to inspect. I've picked up a new vibration, but I'm hoping it's the new tire.

The candy stripe just scratched the paint. It didn't feel deeper.? The yoke also took a hit but seemed solid when I shook it.

Looks like fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom