Slee Spindle Bushing Tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't know how new it is but I noticed it a few weeks ago on Slee's site.

I plan on ordering one in a week or so and try it out. Sounds like a big time saver especially for those that forgot to grease the spindle bushing after putting it all back together.

It works of course for the 40,60,80,100,Mini Truck

this one .?

STF1030-250.jpg

My english betray me .. how that can push that far the grease ?

It should just push the grease past and around the axle going to the back of the spindle where the bearing is located. Seems like a good idea!

I just got shipping confirmation
It going take about a week to get to VA
When I get it I will post pics of usage

When I talked to someone at Slee they definitly put some thought into it or else I do not think they would sell it
I do not think it will take that much pressure to push grease back into the hub/spindle
But it will take alot of pumping is what I was told by someone at Slee

We will see

The tool was based on a Toyota SST that is mostly used for IFS trucks. We adapted it for the FF type axles. The nut welded to a pipe and capped works but there is one issue. The nut threads on the spindle, hover the little keyway that the claw washer indexes into allows for some grease to pour out on the outside of the spindle. This is designed to seat against the face of the spindle, thus creating a better seal. The Toyota SST was not designed in such a way. We used a nut welded to a piece of tube in the shop for a long time, but it was messy, so we designed the tool and decided we might as well offer them for sale.

It is simply intended to grease the spindle bushing because you either forgot to do it when you did a axle rebuilt, or on the 100, it is done routinely as maintenance.

I suppose if you wanted you could use it to top up the grease in the knuckles as well. Pretty cool tool, but not really nessasary...

The tool was based on a Toyota SST that is mostly used for IFS trucks. We adapted it for the FF type axles. The nut welded to a pipe and capped works but there is one issue. The nut threads on the spindle, hover the little keyway that the claw washer indexes into allows for some grease to pour out on the outside of the spindle. This is designed to seat against the face of the spindle, thus creating a better seal. The Toyota SST was not designed in such a way. We used a nut welded to a piece of tube in the shop for a long time, but it was messy, so we designed the tool and decided we might as well offer them for sale.

It is simply intended to grease the spindle bushing because you either forgot to do it when you did a axle rebuilt, or on the 100, it is done routinely as maintenance.

Very nice. I was hoping you guys had tackled this problem. My homemade tool is indeed messy. Great work.:clap:

In my observation, experience there is no "problem" that needs solving?

The knuckle needs to be maintained at 1/2-3/4 full of moly grease. If maintained at this level the bushing is mostly or totally immersed in grease. The bushing has grooves intended to draw grease into it and does this well if grease is there.

In other words, if the bushing is dry, the knuckle is mostly or totally dry. In this case, I would not be as worried about the bushing, the birf is much more $$$ and will be destroyed from grease starvation. Filling the knuckle to the proper level, greases both the birf and bushing.

I can see the use for an IFS rig. There is no grease pool to lube the bushing and most of them have needle bearings, that are much more prone to catastrophic failure when starved. But even there, if it is making noise, the damage is done, it's only a matter of time before it needs to be inspected, replaced?

I'd agree with this.. good for IFS not really needed for SFA.

In my observation, experience there is no "problem" that needs solving?

The knuckle needs to be maintained at 1/2-3/4 full of moly grease. If maintained at this level the bushing is mostly or totally immersed in grease. The bushing has grooves intended to draw grease into it and does this well if grease is there.

In other words, if the bushing is dry, the knuckle is mostly or totally dry. In this case, I would not be as worried about the bushing, the birf is much more $$$ and will be destroyed from grease starvation. Filling the knuckle to the proper level, greases both the birf and bushing.

I can see the use for an IFS rig. There is no grease pool to lube the bushing and most of them have needle bearings, that are much more prone to catastrophic failure when starved. But even there, if it is making noise, the damage is done, it's only a matter of time before it needs to be inspected, replaced?

I still want one. Maybe it will help me look more like a :banana::banana::banana: mechanic.

Subscribing!!!!!

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom