Slee castor plates or bushing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how long does it take for plates to destroy the brackets? I've yet to see any evidence of that.
I suppose when your truck ends up like Onur's then some things just happen. I'm trying to imagine the plates on mine failing worse than s***ty bushings. imho.

how long does it take for plates to destroy the brackets? I've yet to see any evidence of that.

3 sets of plates I have seen that have either hallowed out the control arm bracket holes or ripped the control arm brackets right off. Of course the latter could be attributable to driver input.

Bushings are at least replaceable and cut and turns actually correct engineering wise what Toyota would have input into the manufacturing process.

Regardless it is neither here nor there people are going to do what the hell they want to do. Especially when trucks are running a 2 to 3000 bucks each. Who cares if you rip off control arm bracket

DC shaft.jpg
80_ride_height.JPG

This was my lift with cc bushes and stock arms. It steered like a dog so I went raduis arms DC shaft and haven't looked back. And as our AUD is only 0.70 of the USD you reckon it was expensive ? The shaft from Tattons cost me near $700 by the time it got here...

Worth it ? ABSOLUTUELY. My car steers and drives great now compared to the cc bushes.

Has anyone found the TJM bushings to be more durable? Being rubber instead of poly?

I'm dealing with great road manners but significant vibration up front, running 50mm TJM springs, new U-joints, and it is probably too light up front. Curious whether a bumper and winch will weigh it down to calm the vibration.. but may not wait to find out. Having bought a welder a cut & turn with stock bushings is looking tempting.

Can slee caster correction plates and caster correction bushings be used at same time? I can’t visualize how this would help since plates are fixed at the arm and axle mount. I currently have slee plates, about 4-5” of lift and caster is 1.4° left, 1.9° right. I have a question out to slee right now.

Can slee caster correction plates and caster correction bushings be used at same time? I can’t visualize how this would help since plates are fixed at the arm and axle mount. I currently have slee plates, about 4-5” of lift and caster is 1.4° left, 1.9° right. I have a question out to slee right now.
After running Slee plates for a few years and rising to 6” lift with zero castor angle, I dropped my rig an inch and bought Delta VS arms. Much better.

Correction bushings with plates will have a double affect on castor I would think but why bother? Get the Delta arms and be done.

After running Slee plates for a few years and rising to 6” lift with zero castor angle, I dropped my rig an inch and bought Delta VS arms. Much better.

Correction bushings with plates will have a double affect on castor I would think but why bother? Get the Delta arms and be done.
I’m leaning that way, of buying delta arms. I emailed with Doug at Delta today and he was very helpful and walked me through a recommendation. Exploring the option of making these OEM arms work better or just buying Delta arms. I’m going to change to the 3” pan hard lift bracket and see what that does and then address arms.

The issue I’m having is a developing wobble around 50mph and slight turns.

I’m leaning that way, of buying delta arms. I emailed with Doug at Delta today and he was very helpful and walked me through a recommendation. Exploring the option of making these OEM arms work better or just buying Delta arms. I’m going to change to the 3” pan hard lift bracket and see what that does and then address arms.

The issue I’m having is a developing wobble around 50mph and slight turns.
The wobble is probably the tires. Don’t know what you are running but I’m on 37” trXus radial mud terrains. The go trough cycles. At times they will lose lateral balance at about the same speed you said. Rotating or just driving longer seems to correct it.

The wobble is probably the tires. Don’t know what you are running but I’m on 37” trXus radial mud terrains. The go trough cycles. At times they will lose lateral balance at about the same speed you said. Rotating or just driving longer seems to correct it.
I think the tires aren’t helping, 37” Mickey Thompson MTZ. It seems like I can feel the oscillation start in the tires and then it progresses and I can straighten up and drive out of it to a different speed.

Maybe a rotation and balance in an X pattern. It’s difficult to say for sure once we change so many parameters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom