Since we need one.... The Club Chat Thread!!! (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm thinking Jesse needs something new for Halloween, or anytime the event calls for a sense of style:

Just wanted to share what I'm currently working on. The owner of this 56 Chevy bought the car in 1968 and drove it around for a few years. He sold it and then bought it back in 1972. He met his wife in this car and raced up and down the streets of Medford with a 327 and a Muncie 4 speed. Sometime around 1977 he decided to tear it apart for a full restoration... a little work got done that he hired out including a power rack and pinion steering, disc brakes, frame off restoration of the frame and under-body and then body was stripped and being prepped for paint somewhere in the 1990's. When I met the guy a few months ago he was trying to sell it because it had been dismantled for almost 40 years and he was overwhelmed by thought of putting it back together. It didn't take much persuasion but I talked him into keeping it and I would get it back on the road for him. There were 4 bolts holding the body to the frame and everything was in bags but it had a engine sitting in it and it was a roller.
I am going to get it moving stopping and steering for him and then we're gonna figure out what he wants to do next. This thing has almost no rust as it was only on the road for 20 years. Those are brand new bias ply tires he put on a million years ago. I decoded the vin and it is an original 1956 Bel Air 265 V8 car and it came with an automatic. The body was originally two tone, burnt red on the bottom and tan on top with a tan interior. It's a pretty cool little time capsule!
Also, looking for a Muncie 4 speed if anyone has one laying around. Currently it has a Saginaw 4 speed as a place holder until we find one for a reasonable price.

20160908_183054_zps7kt730f5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom