Should have bought another '96 instead of a '97. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Obviously '96's are the BEST! I was looking at personal property tax bill and the '96 is considerably higher than the '97. Seems NADA which is how they do taxes, must not have gotten the memo that they are the SAME truck! Haha. So if you have a '96 and are going to sell make sure you are asking premium prices for your truck.

LC1996.jpg
LC1997.jpg
LX1996.jpg
LX1997.jpg

Wow! WTH?

Cocaine's a hell of a drug!™

- Rick James

Yeah, planning on picking up an 80 from a guy here in town. He showed me a NADA print out of that and I about laughed in his face.

My reply was "Right. So we both know THAT'S not going to happen..."

To be fair, he wasn't asking that much for his 96, he just showed me that as if to get the point across that he was trying to settle somewhere in the middle of the overall book value.

I still chuckled.

I feel like 3 years ago when I got my 94 Kelly blue book was only like 1500 for it. I still paid about 5800 for it locked with 185xxxx on it. I am sure I now have twice that put into it. ;). But I would literlay walk out the door and drive to Alaska in it.

My 96 is in a lot worse shape than the 97, but I can see now that just doesn't matter. The price on the 96 just went way up! Good find, I'm glad NADA does such extensive research to make sure we don't undervalue our stuff!!;)

The main take away is that the Lexus LX450 is vastly superior to it's Toyota counterpart...

which is something we can all agree on :flipoff2:

Isn't this because it's 2016, and the transition to "classic" has been made? Next year, '97 should he in the same boat. Or you know, 3 months from now. Buy ALL the ninety-sevens!

MSRP was $52K on 1996. Still have the Window Sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom