1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shops in San Diego?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by ChuckB, Jun 14, 2003.

1. ChuckB

ChuckB SILVER Star

Any good shops in San Diego? I did a search and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Chuck

2. Eduardo96FZJ80

Eduardo96FZJ80

Chuck,
    Although I try to do most of the work on my cruiser myself.
    There is a mechanic in Escondido who owns his own shop.
    The name of his shop is Alternative Automotive, on Rock Springs Rd. I don't have the # handy, but I'm sure It's listed.
    Owners name is Steve, give him a call, He is an ex-master mechanic from Toyota of Escondido.
    Eduardo

3. ChuckB

ChuckB SILVER Star

4. mobi-arc

mobi-arc

Behr at Sport Utility Motorcars. He is/was a Land Rover Master Mechanic at Pioneer and opened his own shop servicing most 4wd vehicles. Best mechanic I've ever dealt with...honest to a fault. 858-453-6234

5. suvs_sux

suvs_sux

6. syrinxstar

syrinxstar

[quote author=suvs_sux link=board=2;threadid=1776;start=msg156812#msg156812 date=1084522407]
    one place I've had some work done on my series 80 is:[/quote]

I followed the link you posted -

Do you happen to get a 10% discount at this place? :D

Not that it matters if you do....this forum accepts all kinds. :D

7. DanKunz

DanKunz

Media:
  8. Beowulf

Beowulf

... not that there's anything *wrong* with that ....

-B-

9. Beowulf

Beowulf

MOBI-ARC,

I hope you stay a Rookie for a long, long time. I'm not sure I could stomach seeing 2,000 posts with that sig line. Could you maybe tone it down a tad?

-B-

10. suvs_sux

suvs_sux

DAMN next time I use google for directions I will have to read what is related, kind of funny though in a sick twisted way, I was just trying to use the map function honest!!!!!

As far as basic vehicle work, toyota lexus care it is the best option I have found in the area. They installed my springs (since I don't have a lift at home, and wish I had one when I was working on my gas tank) and did some diagnostic work that some of the local toyota dealers would not even tell me about when I was trying to trouble shoot error codes when my check engine light was on (don't ya hate vehicles with electronics, makes it so damn difficult to figure out what is wrong when ya do not have the right reader, service manual, etc.).

a few hours drive north of san diego there are lots of great places to pick up parts like "spector off road" and "man a fre" (well worth the drive if ya want to add a few things to make a cruiser more useful in the bush).

btw Beowulf what is wrong with poining out that in a majority of cases SUVs (stupid urban vehicle) do suck!

http://www.phaster.com/road_trips/suv_review_why_they_suck.html

I have a land cruiser but it stays parked most of the time cause when I am driving around town IMHO it is a really dumb choice of a vehicle to use.

11. Beowulf

Beowulf

>> btw Beowulf what is wrong with poining (sic) out that in a majority of cases SUVs <<
    >> (stupid urban vehicle) do suck! <<

luvs_2_sux,

I'm not sure where your comment directed at me is coming from. Your sexual orientation is your own business. Don't you watch Seinfeld? :slap:

-B-

12. Junk

Junk

Hey Sux,
    Next time you wanna direct comment at B, perhaps you'll wear your reading glasses. His comment was about a sig, not a user name and it was directed towards Mobi not you :slap: