Shocks for SOA 40... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi crew,

I'm going on a trail trip in a couple of weeks, and as I have owned "Mello" for the past year, I have been replacing/repairing parts as I go. Well it turns out that the old Rancho adjustables that I have on the truck have worn out/ no bushings left and look like SH**. I may just replace the bushings, or I may just replace the entire shocks.

Any suggestions as to a good medium priced shock for a SOA 40 series? I actually drive it quite a bit on the road, so I am not looking for a mushy ride, I don't mind a stiffer ride that handles corners well.

Thanks in advance...

Joel

Can you share the model # you guys use? I suppose that is dependent upon lift height, down travel, etc....

If you are SOA, lengths may be different between rigs. The fronts may be close if using stock springs and mounts. The rears can vary depending on how the lower mounts are fabricated. Measure the static eye to eye lengths and see if someone here has the same setup with Bilstein's on. If you springs have been flipped or the wheel base stretched, then you are in another ballpark.

I ended up buying some Billstein 5125's, getting them Thursday, installing this weekend...

Thx for the responses, guys!

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom